National HB Comp 2017

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan125

BIAB brewer
Reaction score
Get in quick if you want to enter - entry registration opened at 9:30 and already 230 of 300 places full!

I guess they're limited by the number of judges, volunteers & space available, but I reckon they could fill ot 2 or 3 times over.

I was planning on entering this year, if it is subscribed Up that quickly the organisers need to sort it out, it's hardly a national home brew competition if most brewers cant enter.

For the same reasons we enter the forum comps - for the feedback and the glory!

Still waiting on the feedback sheet from the competition on here.

And I thought people were waiting months for feedback from this last year.

And I never do it for the glory

Still waiting on the feedback sheet from the competition on here.

And I thought people were waiting months for feedback from this last year.

And I never do it for the glory

Yeah it took about 3 months to get the feedback last year, which was disappointing. I don't think that's the norm though but it was my time entering so difficult to say.
I'm half joking about the glory as I think like most I enter comps because it helps me improve my beers - can't deny that it would be great to win a big comp though :grin:

I sent mine off quite late, and via 2nd class post - now wishing I'd forked out the extra for Signed For, so at least I'd know they arrived in time.

Has anyone else entered this year?
Judging is tomorrow I beleive.
I have a spare bottle of the APA I entered if any other entrants fancy a bottle swap?

Just watched the live feed of the results on facebook on my phone with a very patchy connection, but very excited because I think I just won the American amber & brown ale category - which would be totaly unexpected with my 1st comp entry in this style.
It's a bitter sweet victory if I heard it right though as the judges decided not to award any medals in the category :lol:
Think there might have only been 2 entries :whistle:

Pleased as punch as I had heard it wrong and my medal arrived in the post yesterday. Just the bronze that wasn't awarded.

Hats off to the organisers for getting the scores and feedback out so quickly this year

20170922_171716-1.jpg

Back