Home Brew Competition - August 17

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:doh::lol: That doesn't bode well for my chances :lol:

I'm hoping it comes through as quite subtle - and compliments the limey flavour fom the healthy dose of Motueka hops.
I thought it might go well with a curry :?:

looking forward to hearing what you think - enjoy the judging :cheers:

Seriously if this is the Kevik beer it is really quite good [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:doh::lol: That doesn't bode well for my chances :lol:

I'm hoping it comes through as quite subtle - and compliments the limey flavour fom the healthy dose of Motueka hops.
I thought it might go well with a curry :?:

looking forward to hearing what you think - enjoy the judging :cheers:

Don't worry Dan I will be totally impartial. I'm going to take it to homebrew meet up this Sunday so ill have some good feedback for you, one of the lads is a BJCP judge,
Any chance you could send me the full recipe?

Don't worry Dan I will be totally impartial. I'm going to take it to homebrew meet up this Sunday so ill have some good feedback for you, one of the lads is a BJCP judge,
Any chance you could send me the full recipe?

Cheers Stigman - sounds good

Recipe is:-

24L batch
OG 1.048
FG 1.009
IBUs - 38ish

Extra Pale MO - 5000g
Vienna - 500g
Acidulated malt - 60g

Simcoe 13.2% - 20g - 60mins
Motueka 7.0% - 40g - 10mins
Coriander leaf - 25g - 5mns
Motueka - 60g - steep post boil @ 70C
Coriander leaf - 30g dry hop
Motueka - 100g - dry hop

CML US pale ale yeast

:cheers:

I'm not sure if overnight mash counts as experimental Chris, but I love NEIPA's and you could save on the postage I work in denton most days as a sparky how freaky is that, I've got a NEIPA ready at the moment how do you fancy a swap?

Just got back from holiday and tasted the beetroot and horseradish saison from the fv. Its not totally gross so il bottle tomorrow and post soonish if you could pm me the address @stigman :thumb:

That''s my entry in the post. Sorry for the delay, the wife's posted it first class so you should get it early next week. Probably going to take a while to settle out again... :-(

Yup it came yesterday mate all in one piece. I ment to let you know but been busy till now, i would say I'm looking forward to it but I chewed on some coriander leaf we happened to have in the fridge and it's not a great flavour is it?
Hi @stigman,just checking to see if mine arrived in one piece or at all given our postal service.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

That''s my entry in the post. Sorry for the delay, the wife's posted it first class so you should get it early next week. Probably going to take a while to settle out again... :-(

I'm away on holiday next week so I'll be trying yours a little later than planned anyway

The results are in!
First though thanks to everyone who sent me there beers. I now know how difficult judging is, but I feel I've learned a lot from the experience.

And without further ado (drum roll)
3rd place - wfr42 - flavored porter(blue cap)

2nd place - Zephyr259 - Belgian braggot

And 1st place dan125- coriander leaf pale

Well done to everyone I'll try and get your feedback to you as soon as possible

Latest posts

Back