!Monkey Knife Fight!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monk

Reaction score
I don't know what style category this falls into...brown ale, porter, something dark. But anyway that's quite irrelevant because, as you know, monkey knife fights have a way of playing out in unexpected ways. So in order to be true to MKF style, you should really ignore at least some part of my recipe and substitute more of something or different hops or just start jumping about in your kitchen going "oo, oo!" and then randomly grab a handful of hops out of your fridge and throw them at the brew kettle. This totally works. Trust me.

Monkey Knife Fight III - 19L

3400g Pale malt
454g Crystal 120 (Dark)
320g Belgian Biscuit malt
170-225g Black roasted barley

Challenger hops for bittering and at 10 minutes for 27 ibu's.

Your choice of yeast (malty is good).

I've used Cascade hops, Fuggles, EKG, etc. I've varied the roasted barley from 170-225g, added amber malt, victory malt, chocolate malt, honey malt, brown sugar, dark sucanat, honey, combinations of different shades of crystal from 20-120, and hazelnut extract. (Not all in the same batch, though that might not be a bad idea...)

Have fun! If you have a monkey knife fight, too, please post the resultant recipe. I'd love to see them.

Back