Home Brew Competition Schedule

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Jan competition going ahead? It looks like American pale ales, but with the new format, would this be any sort of pale ale/IPA/hoppy beer?

Yeah it going ahead, I was going to start the thread tonight.

My take is that it would encompass any hoppy Americanised beers but also traditional styles that originated in America such as cream ale or Cali Common.

Last edited by a moderator:
I judged one last year enjoyed the whole process, felt like I learned a lot. I'd like to do the American pales if possible. Thanks

I'm trying to nail down my bitter recipe so I'd love to judge August's British ales competition if that's ok?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I’ll happily take dark beers in October if it’s going :) Really interested in seeing what other home brewers are getting up to and can hopefully send some off for a few before then too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the revised schedule based on the new format.

Oct-17 Dark Beers - @Hoddy

Nov-17 Freestyle - @Ajhutch

Dec-17 British Pale Ales, Bitters and Milds - @IainM

Jan-18 American Pale Ales - @MickDundee

Feb-18 Dark Beers - @Zephyr259

Mar-18 Freestyle - @wfr42

Apr-18 British Pale Ales, Bitters and Milds - @AlanManley

May-18 American Pale Ales - @Alside101

Jun-18 Dark Beers - @Leon103

Jul-18 Freestyle - @Dads_Ale

Aug-18 British Pale Ales, Bitters and Milds - brewhaha

Sep-18 American Pale Ales - stigman

Oct-18 Dark Beers - Oneiroi

Nov-18 Freestyle - jceg316

Dec-18 British Pale Ales, Bitters and Milds

Fancy doing a brew for the American Pale Ale as a joint venture @Manxnorton ?????? :)

We are still waiting for Sept to be sorted lol
Haha yeah I know :) Just saw that December had no name against it and wondered why/if I could possibly judge it. No worries if not by the way, I won't take any offence :)

@Leon103, I'm unfortunately going to have to pull out of judging December's competition because of work... I'd still love to judge a comp though, so if the schedule stays the same going forward, I'd love to do January's American Pale Ales if possible? Apologies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back