fruity cider recipies

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_sadler

Reaction score
any1 got a nice fruity cider recipe thats quite easy for a first time cider brew? thanks to any1 that can help

I have 15L of Damson cider on the go at the moment so I'll tell you in a couple of weeks.

My Blueberry cider was fantastic, for a gallon of cider I mashed 300 grams (mixing metric and imperial :oops: ) of blueberrys and 4 liters of apple juice into a DJ, added 1 campden tablet to kill off any nastys that were on the blueberrys.

24 hours later, added a teaspoon of GP yeast and left for a week.

Then syphoned the cider off the berrys into a new DJ and topped up with apple juice.

Once fermented I bottled with half a teaspoon of sugar and left it to condition for 3 months.

One of the best ciders I've ever tasted, I should have made much much more. :drink: :drink: :drink:

That sounds really good did you use any sugar,was that supermarket juice or your own fresh pressed.

Cheers Graham

Pressing apple juice seems a lot of hassle when you can buy apple juice so cheap in th supermarket. While you're there, grab some other fruit juice and add that to the apple juice. Normally 3 litres of apple juice and 1 litre of other juice makes a good cider drink. No sugar needed (Except for priming), supermarket apple juice normally turns out 5-6%.

Latest posts

Back