New To The Home Brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyBlue

Reaction score
Hello!!

I’m fairly new to home brewing and to date have made half a dozen ‘add water and stir’ kits and have also had a couple of sessions at a nearby Home brew shop where I have learnt to mash, sparge, lauter, boil and ferment.

I’m about to launch myself into an all in one brewing system (mainly due to its small footprint and apparent ease of use) but am very keen to learn and develop my new found hobby.

This forum seems full of good ideas and debate and I hope it will become a good source of help as I look to develop my interest.

Cheers

Andy

Ps, so new I’ve just realised the typo in the title! Please forgive my fat fingers.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

The all in one systems are very popular for a number of reasons, including the ones you mention, and the fact they seem to be getting ever cheaper. We have a number of threads on the various ones. Have you bought your system yet? or know which one your interested in?

Thanks guys! I bought a system from Beer Torrent which is ,I think, the system branded as Ace/ Klarstein elsewhere. The price was good for a start- up system and I’m looking forward to getting brewing. The first attempt will be a brew loosely based on the Hopwired IPA.

The company are local to me so I’m sure I will be drawing on their experience as I go along!

Cheers

Andy

My first Brew Day looms ever closer. I’ve bought the equipment, have had the recipe prepared and now I just need to launch myself into it. Sunday 10th is indeed Beer Day. If anyone is interested in how an utter beginner gets on then please check in afterwards and I will let you know how it goes!!

Andy

I think we had a demo of this equipment at the home brew festival this year and it looked very good.

Good luck with your first brew day. Allow plenty of time and do not rush and all will be fine. AG is quite forgiving.

My first Brew Day looms ever closer. I’ve bought the equipment, have had the recipe prepared and now I just need to launch myself into it. Sunday 10th is indeed Beer Day. If anyone is interested in how an utter beginner gets on then please check in afterwards and I will let you know how it goes!!

Andy
Make lots of pictures! Makes assembly and disassembly way easier next times. (Also works for Ikea furniture). And it's almost obligatory to share the recipe of course :mrgreen:

im guessing you met Dave at Beer torrent, and the sky blue means your a cov lad?
Right on both counts, Yeastinfection!! Found the guys at Beer Torrent to be really helpful. I can see that place becoming my favourite shop!!

Cheers, GerritT

If the recipe comes out anywhere near the instructions it should be a 7.2% brew loosely based on Hopwired IPA. If it turns out well I will, of course, post the recipe up.

Andy
hows your first brew day Andy ?

hows your first brew day Andy ?
I think it went well (did it yesterday in the end) and it looked and smelled like it did when I made it at Beer Torrent! Appears to be fermenting nicely so I’m quietly hopeful it should turn out ok!
I need to write a list of questions I need help with to improve for the next time.

Thanks for asking!!

Cheers

Andy

Latest posts

Back