Crisp brand maris otter any different?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon12

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
I notice some sellers sell crisp branded maris otter much cheaper than other brands, does anyone know if it is noticeably different or worse in any way to more expensive brands?

I would think for home brewing purpose, this will not make a noticeable difference.

We only brew small volumes and do not have the environmental control or yeasts used by the craft brewers.

Thanks I went with another bag of the more expensive Warminster but need another bag soon so may try it.

I bought my 25kg bag from The Malt Miller. So far I've used it twice and had great results with it. To me it looks perhaps a little more 'dusty' than the 3kg pre-packs I've been using, but it certainly hasn't affected the quality of the beer. Once it's gone, I'll certainly been re-ordering it!

I've tried Fawcett's and Crisp M.O.

With the Fawcett's I tend to get a slightly higher efficiency but unsure if that's due to the brand of M.O. or something else.

My beer's always tasted good whichever I've used.

Terry.

Thanks guys I read on another forum some people experiencing lower efficiency with crisp so since my grain bill is limited by my mash tun I think I will stick with the more expensive stuff for now.

Latest posts

Back