here we go

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

86coz

Reaction score
right wor lass has just gone out so time for me to part destroy the kitchen with some
ginger beer...fire in the hole
thought i would try a 1gallon 1st to try as never done owt like this before ,other than a bought red wine kit now on the go

brewNDCCAPS010.jpg

grated the ginger grated 1 lime 1 lemon 1 orange then chopped them up and squezed the juice in bit of cream of tar tar
and a little dried chilli :lol:

boiled it all for 30 mins ...what a fantastic smell

brewNDCCAPS009-1.jpg

brewNDCCAPS011.jpg

brewNDCCAPS012.jpg
then added around 2gms of champane yeast and a little yeast neutrent along with around 600gms of suger,all in the fv and got a og of 1050.
can`t wait for this bad boy :party:

evanvine said:
Nice pics, hope it turns out well!
thanks it it tastes half as good as the smell i will be impressed

just wondering with this brew do i add finnings at end of fermentation,or do you leave it without,i do want it fizzy and was going to add sugar in bottles to i belive brew again in bottles what is wright :hmm:

mark1964 said:
hope it turns out ok shame about the mess in yer kitchen though :D
am real good at making mess me but not so good at tidying it up.still managed to get it tidy before my otherhalf returned :rofl:

86coz said:
just wondering with this brew do i add finnings at end of fermentation,or do you leave it without,i do want it fizzy and was going to add sugar in bottles to i belive brew again in bottles what is wright
If it's not clearing then that would be the time to add finings, you might also need to add some "Pectolas"
To make it fizzy, add sugar at the rate of 1/2 tsp per bottle.
Hope this helps as Ginger Beer is really out of my field!

As evanvine said when you rack into bottles add 1/2 a tsp of sugar (or up to 1tsp depending how fizzy you like it) they will clear naturally without any finings :thumb: Nice touch with the chilli addition :twisted:

evanvine said:
86coz said:
just wondering with this brew do i add finnings at end of fermentation,or do you leave it without,i do want it fizzy and was going to add sugar in bottles to i belive brew again in bottles what is wright
If it's not clearing then that would be the time to add finings, you might also need to add some "Pectolas"
To make it fizzy, add sugar at the rate of 1/2 tsp per bottle.
Hope this helps as Ginger Beer is really out of my field!

yer the more help and pointers in the right direction the better :D

rickthebrew said:
As evanvine said when you rack into bottles add 1/2 a tsp of sugar (or up to 1tsp depending how fizzy you like it) they will clear naturally without any finings :thumb: Nice touch with the chilli addition :twisted:

thanks...love chilli me could eat it noon and night :idea: oooh think i will grow a chilli plant could n make a chilli wine :evil: on second thought dont know if i could handle chilli wee :rofl:

86coz said:
rickthebrew said:
chilli wine, chilli beer its all been done :lol: even tomato wine ;)

have you ever done any...whats it like :eek:

The Tomato wine was not as bad as it sounds :mrgreen:

Stick around here long enough and this lot will lead you into all kinds of weired experimental fermentations :sick: :lol: :roll: :twisted: :drink:

snail59 said:
86coz said:
rickthebrew said:
chilli wine, chilli beer its all been done :lol: even tomato wine ;)

have you ever done any...whats it like :eek:

The Tomato wine was not as bad as it sounds :mrgreen:

Stick around here long enough and this lot will lead you into all kinds of weired experimental fermentations :sick: :lol: :roll: :twisted: :drink:
rickthebrew said:
tomatoe wine
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=6448

MD`s `shitter bitter` (chilli beer)
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7274

your all stone mad,tom wine scotch broth wine.....but i like it :rofl:

has anyone got a good chocolate wine recipe,keep the other half happy while i distroy the kitchen and take over all the cupboards in the house with BREW :whistle: :drunk:

enjoy - :P

Back