Prosecco!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a TC recipe from a collegue of mine and he says that the taste is very close to an italian prosecco.. I did not try it myself yet but my collegue loves it and its the only brew he makes.

Will post the recipe later on today got the recipe at home.

The recipe I got from a collegue for 5 liter is:

1.5 liter applejuice
0.5 liter red grape juice
2 liter water
400 gram sugar
fruity white wine yeast

He only adds 2 tsp of sugar in the bottle get a fizzy drink.

I dont have enough space to try it but he said its realy close to a Italian Prosecco :).

I dont know if he adds tannine or other things.. He is on holiday so awaiting his reply, but he likes it realy simple so I think he makes it like the recipe above..

I am not an expert but champagne yeast should be allright.. He gets his yeast at a bio health store so they probably have some different names for the yeast.. But make it like a cider and put some sugar in when botteling this will give the bubbles in the prosecco :)

I have made this from the recipe above just bulked it up to 23 liters its been bubbling like a good one
I just tested it and its down to 1002 on the hd so thinking of bottling it now before it stops with a little sugar in the bottle to create the fizz before the yeast ends hope thats right

Came across this post and suggested it to swmbo, well needless to say she ended up brewing it herself lol I think I might have passed this brewing bug on :thumb:

I dont have any free bottles or buckets atm so did not start myself.. I am curious how it all turns out and I hope I can start soon, its going to be queens/kings day (national dutch holiday) here in about 2 weeks and there are always people selling stuff on the street so hope to score some cheap DJ`s :) so can do some more brewing :)

I think priming is quite personal hand how you want your brew tot taste. Most of the people use about 6 grams of splenda and a bit of normal sugar to get a bit of fizz.

Hope you don't mind Lampie but I stole the recipe and got one going tonight :) :?

Looks a lovely colour :cool:

Do you think this would take long to mature :?:

@grand gris

Please use the recipe :).. Its all about sharing here :thumb:

Dont know about the maturing time, I just started brewing and just got my second brew on so realy cant tell how long it will take..

Lampie said:
I think priming is quite personal hand how you want your brew tot taste. Most of the people use about 6 grams of splenda and a bit of normal sugar to get a bit of fizz.

Isn't Prosecco supposed to be quite dry? , I can't help thinking it will turn out to be more like Pomagne ,hope I'm wrong.

Well bottled the one me and swmbo made the other night must say its very nice! We made small changes though. We added a strong cuppa tea, 1tsp glycerine and up'd the sugar slightly to give an abv of around 9% instead.
Batch primed 1 tsp sugar per 500ml and I thought I had 4.5L but only had 4L so an extra one oops! And also at this stage added 2 tsp candarel (sweetener) per 500ml (agai added 2 extra coz I'm a bit thick :P )

Now the wait for the fizz!

sooooooo whats the procedure regarding clearing and racking?????
Is it a case of rack it and leave to clear then bottle and prime or do you just bottle and prime and leave to clear in the bottle need help on this one as its the first sparkler i've done but fancy a cheap bit of fizz lol
many thanks

personally I just made up the recipe, let it do its thing, when fermentation was done added in the stuff to help clear it and left it about a week i think it was and it was crystal clear, racked, primed and bottled.

just waiting on the fizz now! :D

Might be interested in giving this a go, I am sure I have a demijohn somewhere abouts. I have a few PET bottles left over from the beer. Anyone actually tried it yet? Has anyone tried the recipe as is, I don't have a clue where to start in terms of bunging extra things (tea etc. to it), want to start with a simple one and see how it is, can always tweak.

How long before it is drinkable?

Tks

Rich

Back