Cheeky Vimto

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it's the cordial. It's a very nice taste the vimto takes away alot of the apple but it is still there in the mouth.
Can't wait for this to finish :D
On the down side it's not started yet :( Rehydrated the yeast and everythink :wha:

boiling the vimto for 15 minutes kills off all the preservatives. ive found that it usualy takes about 24 hours for fementation to start. Did you use any yeast nutriant MD?

:cheers: Will this Vimto Wine still have the Taste of Vimto when it finished cus I like the taste of Vimto but Vimto you can getted ****** on sound great to me,When will it be ready? regards Al :cheers:
pee.gif

Ah no Dave !! I didn't put and Yeast nutrient in it!!
Oh well It's started now. Chugging away merily.

Bigal It's not a Vimto wine more a vimto flavoured turbo cider. So really it's a Alcopop @ 7% :D
It'll be sampled next week!!! :grin:

:cheers: Might scale you recipe down and have a go at a gallon of it if you have no objections, you mention forgetting to add the yeast nutrient am I right in thinking that you might not need it? regards Al
pee.gif

I Have never used yeast nutrient, but dave did tell me to use it :oops: But I forgot about it. I have done 2 turbo ciders now without yeast nutient and not had any problems. But it may help with the lag time.

If your looking at scaling down I used 145ml of vimto per litre of apple juice

If I had objections about people using my Ideas I wouldn't be on a such a good forum sharing my ideas! :D
:cheers:

:cheers: Hi Davesiv Alcopop sounds good to me, only just started out Brewing it all sounds good to me regards Al
pee.gif

:cheers: Hi muddydisco going to scale down your Vimto recipe and make a gallon.
Couple of questions.
1. After adding Sugar to Boiling Vimto does Apple Juice need to be boiled before adding to Vimto?
2.Will I need to added yeast to Mix if yes what type .
3. Does Fermenting Bucket need to be Covered?
4. Do I need to keep within a Temperature range?
5. When can I drink it ?
that's about it regards Al
pee.gif
:drink: :lol:
:clap:

bigal said:
1. After adding Sugar to Boiling Vimto does Apple Juice need to be boiled before adding to Vimto?
You only boil the vimto to remove the preseratives it contains. No you do not need to boil the apple juice.

bigal said:
3. Does Fermenting Bucket need to be Covered?
Yes the fementing bucket will need to be covered.

bigal said:
4. Do I need to keep within a Temperature range?
The usual 18 - 20 degrees.

Hi All
Everything Dave says is good!

The Yeast was just the usual S-04 most brew shops stock.

She has finished first stage fermentation tonight I don't want it too dry so have racked in into 2nd Fv added yeast killers and chucked it in the temp cupboard at 1 degree to get the yeast to settle out before kegging this.

It started out at 1.070 OG
I finished it at 1.020 FG may drop a few more points before the yeast stops working.
Comes out at 6.4%
It tastes bloody marvelous :grin:

Latest posts

Back