hopped cider- anyone tried it?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeyptfc

Landlord.
Reaction score
anyone ever made or tried hopped cider? I first heard of it from a guy I watch on YouTube called 'big secue' that does the home brew Wednesday vids. I've had a magnum pear cider kit in the house for about a year now, I decided to brew it to 22 litres with 1kg brewing sugar, og was only 1.038. fired in 100g of centennial pellets, will probably dry hop with another 100-200g. will post the results back.it comes with a flavouring sachet you add after fermentation, I've made the pear cider before and its nice but the pear flavour might be too strong for the hops so might leave it out. there's a brewery in Edinburgh called Thistly Cross that do hopped ciders, surprisingly enough given my footie team name I've never tried any of their ciders!

sounds good. i've had malted and lightly hopped cider. as far as bittering goes, christ, go in very easy! but as for aroma, I hope it goes well - I think the main issue would be hops taste good young, cider tastes good mature. maybe you'd have to get it mature enough in a secondary, then dry hop a few months on, for optimum flavour. :cheers:

Back