Wine concentrate

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cask is best

Landlord.
Reaction score
Had to laugh tonight. swombo bought three bags of grape concentrate about three weeks ago to make up a few bottles of quick wine. She's had it before and it makes a decent bottle or five per bag. She gets them from the lhbs they are small sealed bags with the concentrate in which the lhbs make up themselves. Any way she just checked them tonight and two of the bags had ballooned up and were very hard i pricked one bag with a knife and the gas released. I said it is as if it has started fermenting in the bag. But no sugar is in there. Or natural sugar from the concentrate has started it to ferment. We have blamed the very hot weather for this as we did when we had a bottle bomb last week.

One question i have is will the other bag be okay to get it under way or will she be wasting her time. [will it be off]. I know she will only find out if she does start it but she would rather not waste her time and get another bag straight away.
Oh and a second question. Can anyone explane the possible cause.

Regards.
CIB

Latest posts

Back