Time to be honest...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robsan77

Landlord.
Reaction score
I did a brew last week and didnt take any photos..... :oops: :oops: :oops:

The thing is I'am so impressed with how it tastes now I cant keep quiet any more so I have to come clean.

Its been in fv for 8 days now and is so drinkable its hard to stop going back for tasters. I was wondering if after I bottled it on sunday, if I could send a bottle to someone for there opinion? If so what is the best way for posting?

the recipe idea was to create something light and refreshing yet with good body and flavour. The main reason was to try and get my friends into drinking good ales. They are mainly a lager crowd so I tried to come up with a recipe that could entice them over to then lead them on to better things.

I used:
3500g Maris otter
500g Munich malt
100g Caramalt 20

60 mins
nelson sauv 11.3 . 15g
pilgrim 10.9. 11g

15mins
pilgrim 10g
nelson sauv 20g
irish moss

grav: 1043

so4 yeast. should work out about 4.4%

err :wha: you want to be careful offering free beer to the like of us lot :shock: You'll have hundreds of requests for beer :rofl:

I normally ship with Royal fail, there's also Collect + which use papershops as pick up and deleivery points not Post offices etc.

A good wrapping in bubble wrap some news paper and a strong cardbard box does the trick when keeping bottles safe.

You are welcome to pop over any time ;) Will you be heading notts way any time soon Jim? Siba at the canalhouse perhaps??

Not been drinking in Nottingham for years, think it's time I rectified that (wicked grin)
Got the import of "SIBA", but what's it's translation? (being dense)
It would have to be Fri, Sat or Sun as I work the other evenings. (sad expression)

I think that the organisatin used to be the Small Independent Brewers Association

However as some members could not be classified as "small" they changed to the Society of Independent Brewers, the A is redundant now

So do I Evanvine

A bit of research shows that the Small Independent Brewers Association was formed in 1980 at a pub in Wiltshire after the Brewers Association had refused to admit members who brewed less than 200 barrels a week, remeber that this was before the Beer Orders broke the big six brewers monopoly on the supply of beers.

In 1980 there were approx 100 small (Micro) breweries in existence, as Bass, Allied, Grand Met, Whitbread, Courage and S&N had bought up most of the regional independent brewers, at the time they controlled well over 30,000 pubs.

The original association was run by Elisabeth Baker and Tony Williamson from a ground floor flat in Highbury specifically for the blossoming microbrewery trade, i.e producing less than 200 barrels per week.

Because some of their members now brew well in excess of that figure and the big six, with the exception of S&N, no longer brew, it was obviously decided that there members were no longer just small brewers but "independent" brewers

Chrisp

I'm going to the SIBA thing on Thursday, robsan77. I'll happily take a bottle off your hands :)
I might even swap you one of mine in return!

Back