Stand well clear.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snail59

Regular.
Reaction score
My first attempt at a Cheeky Vimto.

750ml of Vimto boiled for 5 mins then 200g of brewing sugar added and boiled for a further 10 mins.

3.75lts of Apple juice to which was added a quarter tea spoon of yeast nutrient.

Vimto and sugar mix added to Apple juice stired and transfered into plastic DJ AND COOLED TO 25c

cooling.jpg

Now I make that an OG of 1.075 so this could be good

og1075.jpg

I have sampled the contents of the test jar and this stuff is going to be a whole lot of trouble :whistle:

So Vimto and Ginger Beer just cant wait

vimto.jpg

All I can say is try it out on the wife before you have to much ;) It works a treat on mine :D

muddydisco said:
All I can say is try it out on the wife before you have to much ;) It works a treat on mine :D

The other half had a taster from the test jar and was rather taken by it. So as she is at home all day I may have to keep this under lock & key. :rofl:

evanvine said:
snail59 said:
So as she is at home all day I may have to keep this under lock & key. :rofl:
At least you'll get your ironing done that way! (light hearted whistle)

Ive just done a gravity reading on the vimto its been fermenting for 5 days and is still going its down to 1.012 from 1.075 and the calculator says thats at over 8% already. The contents of the sample jar has been drunk (I had to wrestle it of the Mrs) this realy is gonna be a whole lotta trouble its bloomin luffly.

:thumb: I reckon you`ll be doing 5gallon batches within a week or two :cool: i still haven`t tried a cheeky vimto but its on the to do list - good luck with it :thumb:

:drink:

Im planning on starting another gallon of this sunday :thumb: . But this time im gonna leave the sugar out to bring the ABV down :wha: . Batch 1 is gonna turn out around 9% so if I can get batch 2 to come in at below 6% I can label them up as Cheeky Vimto Jekyll & Hyde :party: . Or not label them at all mix the bottles up and play Vimto Roulette :rofl:

i plan at having a go at this in the week
i have a spare sachet of yeast from a muntone beer kit that came with 2
could i use this in the recipe
cheers

So just to confirm the vimto used. Was it this type? :

export_cordial.jpg

aka Cordial? Looking at doing this myself tommorow sometime ....

Im New to this brewing lark so my advice wont be the best but I dont think an Ale yeast would be good for a TC but I could be wrong :grin: Im sure someone will put me right if im wrong :oops:

Yes Its the cordial Vimto. I used the Original.

My First batch gets its maiden outing TONIGHT :shock:.

This went down an absolute storm last night. Sister and her fella came round for the evening. Pizza was eatern & now I have NO vimto left. But it does make playing on the WII even more hilarious than before :rofl:

darrenwest1 said:
well mines done just got to wait to see how it turns out

You wont have to wait long. Mine was all done in 2 weeks same as my Ginger Beer.

8 days in the FV then bottled
4 days in the Kitchen
2 days in the cool place
3 hours and it was gone :shock:

Back