Stand well clear.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont know what yeast you used but seams SO4 is the way to go for flavour retention. Ive used cider/champagne yeasts up till now and flavour has been subtle but nice. Dont know how it will fair after conditioning only have 4 bottles that have made it past 3 weeks the rest have all gone before that time. Going to have a bottle of the conditioned next week will be 6 weeks old so be interesting to see if its held its flavour. Useing SO4 this time so will see if it keeps more flavour.

Darren Try boiling some vimto and adding it back into the Cider to sweeten and give a flavour??

I'd try 200 - 300ml ( I don't know how much you have made) Based on 5ltr
Yes let it cool abit

:D I only made 5L but I had to add 300ml boiled down to 200ml personally, based on what MD advised me, I would try that, then add & taste. ;)

This stuff is DANGEROUS :shock: . Im just drinking my last bottle of first Batch.(there are 3 more but there samples for friends which are being delivered this weekend). At 9.7% ABV and 5 weeks in the bottle it has mega carbonation and a nice flavour not too dry but far to easy to drink. Has improved with age.

:party: :D :cheers:
Why pay god know how much for a port and WKD when you can have the real thing!!!
Now just please stay out of the papers we don't need any more bad press :rofl:

muddydisco said:
Now just please stay out of the papers we don't need any more bad press :rofl:

I fully intend to. :thumb:
Batch 2 is ready to drink and is at 8.3% (I didnt add any sugar)

Batch 3 is fermenting and should come in at around 6% ive added 1ltr water to get OG down to 1.052 and useing SO4 instead of Cider yeast so should finish at around 1.006 I hope :D

Well I added 4 campden tablets and the potassium sorbate about 4 days ago at about 1.015 and checked today and it's about 1.004 :eek:

Gar, once you added the Campdens etc did you get it cold and then rack it into another fermentor!
They will only stun the yeast for 24-48 hrs just enough time to get the Yeast to fall out of suspension and rack the cheeky vimto off that fallen yeast inot another Fv, Else it will just keep going lower

muddydisco said:
Gar, once you added the Campdens etc did you get it cold and then rack it into another fermentor!
They will only stun the yeast for 24-48 hrs just enough time to get the Yeast to fall out of suspension and rack the cheeky vimto off that fallen yeast inot another Fv, Else it will just keep going lower
Yep - chilled it down to 3C and racked off to another FV. Took a sample bottle to a party tonight and they all liked it so........ :drink:

any more news on this??

Have you got a defo recipe aswell??

Im looking to have a go with this and see what its like. Also, i've only got Harris's Highly active 'super yeast' in the house, will that do or is it worth getting some ale yeast??
:thumb:

Latest posts

Back