My wine page...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point pal...I try and remember it!! Unlike where brewed 7 batches of beer the other year just to get my stock up, I'll try and not do with wine...famous last words!!!
ATB
Bri

19/11/15

Good morning all,
not have much to add.
The wine is still bubbling around every 5 seconds.
be 7 days tomorrow, but as chippy_tea said the longer it takes the better etc.
I might go to get another kit to start.
ATB
Bri

Hello all,
Just got 2 23l demijohn & 2 23l buckets ready for my next plan!
I think another 6 bottle kit and one 30 bottle or do a 5l juice wine...just don't know!! Decision decisions!!!
Got the kit I wanted...especially the wine whip!!
Now all I need is get 30 bottles...I've got 12 now..
Itching to get moving lol
ATB
Brian

I used 1.5 litre spring water bottles for a long time, i started with 2 litre bottles but they are a bugger to pour as they are very floppy. (for want of a better word)

I used 1.5 litre spring water bottles for a long time, i started with 2 litre bottles but they are a bugger to pour as they are very floppy. (for want of a better word)

Aye the price is high either way you look at!! Buying empty glass wine bottle...buy the Wine and drink it!! Or Spring water and then use the bottles....think I'll just get 6 glass bottles every time I go shopping via wilkos...have to see a deal on evilbay etc for 30 at a time...
I should have enough for 3 5l DJ's & 2 23l DJ's at the same time...my maths don't add up!! Lol 78 bottles!!! A long to go...got enough to do 2 X 5l DJ's now!!
Ohh well off to get some sleep the wind n rain wolk me up!!
Later m8
ATB
Bri

Day 8..
The wine is still not stopping!
Every 5 seconds lol
The urging to top up is horrible...
Must resist!!!
At a temp of 21 degrees..
Might do a sg reading just to try out my new wine theif..
Like a little kid!!!
ATB
Brian

Hello m8,
I had a hunt out the kit my m8 brought over....3 5l DJ and 2 19l corni glegs, so the DJ's a well handy..
But the corni are going to go sometime when I set around to advertise then :-)
Tbh I'm really happy with the kit...so far it's working great!
I've got the novasttwist already and some glass bottles ordered...
Catch u in a bit...
ATB
Bri

As I messed up what our lass wanted, a consolation prize come in a red wine kit! (not 30 bottled kit I was supposed to do!)
RED WINE No. 2...

but unlike the whilte wine the SG reading is 80 on hydrometer...
pitched at 21...
ATB
Bri

25/11/15
the first DJ is still bubbles every 5-6 seconds...12 days!!!! is it going to stop lol but as chippy-tea says longer it takes the better..
the 2nd DJ was at 80 SG and the first was 75.
I think the temp ranges is a main consideration, needing a constant temp all the time to get full benefit of fermentation is the key and a few other factors..
ATB
Bri

My RGJ and apple is still at around 30 seconds i find they drop like a stone over the next couple of days, I will probably move on to clearing before the weekend.

27/11/15
Well the second DJ of red wine is I thing done!! the bubles are about over a minute..
so now ive got a new hydrometer I'm going to test the SG.
the first DJ is still holding of its co2..20 second bubbles, i think tomorrow ill check the bubbles & SG read and then ill know the next stage.
I'm amazed one can go 3 days and the first one is 2 weeks.....kinda thinking have done everything right..
ATB
Bri

The first DJ is reading under 990 and a couple scribe marks...sorry I've forgot to read it....only been a week...is it 992??:oops:
the second DJ is reading 1.000 and one scribe mark plus...is that 1002??

thanks for the help all.
ATB
Bri

Here is a good guide.

hydrometer.jpg

Have you got any bottled or is it too early?

I've got some bottles, but I think just getting it cleared in I other DJ for now is ok!
I'll might try de-gas tomorrow and then clear it....my good arm go to sleep doing it!! Lol
What do you think???
All I've done is the first DJ racking into a new DJ and put a clean bubbler on it..
The second one I think will be ok to rack and just take my time de-gasing it b4 I stabilise and clear it..
I don't want to rush anything are ill make mistake....
ATB
Bri

Back