Bulldog Strawberry and Lime

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightroamer

Reaction score
Hi All

First brew in a very long time.
Had this lying in the kitchen so decided to get it on today.
Shorted it to 20l and waiting for the temp to come up a little as in my haste i didn't monitor the temp and its currently sitting at 18ish degrees.

Quick question, i am looking to put this in a pressure barrel once done in the FV.
The kit recommends 60g sugar for a barrel, does this sound reasonable?

Also is it ok to go straight from FV into barrel or is it worth moving to a secondary for further clearing first.

Forgotten so much whilst I've been away!

So its in the FV pitched at 22 degrees, 2 hours later and there already activity in the air lock.

Went in at 1048.

lets see how it goes!

Also is it ok to go straight from FV into barrel or is it worth moving to a secondary for further clearing first.

Do the instructions tell you to rack before clearing?

The Bulldog Brews Strawberry & Lime flavoured cider is made from an aromatic apple concentrate and flavoured with strawberry and lime into a perfectly balanced summer tipple.

This kit requires no sugar addition - all you need is there (a very small amount of sugar required at the end for priming).

No Additional sugar required. Makes 23 litres of approx 4.5% ABV.

Basic beer brewing equipment is required: Starter Equipment set and 25 litre fermentation bin and lid.

Barrel or Bottles, see Need to know - Barrel or Bottlefor more information.

So would I leave it to finish the first fermentation and a bit longer till it clears, maybe in a cool place?

Will this effect the yeast before I transfer it to the keg?

Thanks and sorry I've forgotten too much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't make cider so cannot advise, i am sure the night shift will have plenty of answers when they clock in. :lol:

This is a funny ole one. Started fermentation wishing 2 hours. And has been slow but steady since then. But yesterday morning I noticed it had stopped.
Gave it a little slosh and now getting much more activity 24 hours on!

We will see how long it lasts

If primary has finished I would go straight to bottle or PB.

I usually batch prime with about 6g of sugar per 500ml

Have you taken a hydrometer reading ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Still bubbling it's head off at the moment think it was a slow starter. Planning ahead at the moment. May bottle now rather than PB and use the PB for a nice beer

So it looks like it's fermented out now at an fg of 1.000.
Nose is chemically as I expect at this stage but taste is ok for this stage.
Will leave in the FV now until I can get some bottle hopefully this week.
37e5f6c331b72f508d95754aa3bfbc44.jpg

Excuse them Nespresso cup ;)

Well I grabbed a bottle of this from the workshop at Xmas and was quite happy with the results.
Not as carbonated as I would have liked but it has been sat there for 8 months.

Happy days

Latest posts

Back