Beaverdale pinot noir

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spike101uk

Regular.
Reaction score
So currently have this in primary and have done for 3 weeks, about to rack to second dj and add stabiliser, do I or should I filter this wine, I've read a few people argue Definetly not for a red but others argue to always filter to get the clearest product possible.

Help this is my first wine kit and already promised a few people some so need it to be excellent

I have never filtered a wine and unless the instructions tell you to there really is no need.

I used to filter all the time back in the 80's but today if you use finnings and/or are prepared to leave it to clear (especially with kits) there is really no need. One caveat to that is country wines with pectin haze but that's another story.....

Interesting topic
I always filter mine as i have seen it described as polishing the clear wine.
At the end of the day personal preference i guess as is doing labels which again I always do.
My theory is that i want to produce something as close to a commercial as possible.

So instructions told me to shake vigoirusly 3 times a day for 4 days after adding stabaliser, however I'm hearing about not letribf oxygen near wine, how can you do both

:lol:
So instructions told me to shake vigoirusly 3 times a day for 4 days after adding stabaliser, however I'm hearing about not letribf oxygen near wine, how can you do both

You'll still have virtually 100% CO2 in the FV so you won't be introducing Oxygen.
I've just this minute bottled a Bleasedale Pinot Gris without filtering and it's crystal clear. I just followed the instructions in the kit.

Latest posts

Back