turbo cider recipe anyone? what is the best recipe alcotec48

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi there I have just orders some alcotec turbo yeast

and when looking on this site for a recipe for turbo cider I couldn't find any

dose any one have a grate recipe for turbo cider?
I am planning on using a 23 litre empty water bottle

p.s how dose the turbo cider come out anyway is it nice?
any tips or hints

Recipe for turbo cider is just apple juice and yeast.

Do Not use that Alcotec yeast! That's for something entirely different.

I've seen someone else asking about turbo yeast in the last few days, here's the link.

i have been using Nottingham yeast, ( the use of Tanin i feel is vital ) and let it ferment out then bottling it in the 'still' state. Seems more like a traditional scrumpy style, i prefer it this way.
To dry and more winey than appley, when secondary fermented.
thats my opinion.
keep it simple, Farmer style. :thumb:

I've tried sweetening mine with Splenda in the glass and it ends up tasting nasty, like diet drinks. Perhaps some of you are used to those and don't mind it, but it really doesn't work for me :P

2tsp sugar per pint works well but unfortunately if you've ever put sugar in something fizzy you'll know it takes a lot of the fizz out. I've tried dissolving the sugar in some hot water first which works but obviously waters down the cider.

Anyone have any other ideas?

evanvine said:
A white wine or champagne yeast is perfectly adequate + the tea from 1 T-bag per 7ltrs.
When bottling add 1 tbl spoon of "splenda" per 2.5ltrs, 1/4tsp sugar per 1/2ltr and 1 campden tablet per 4.5ltrs
ditto. Comes out very dry. Try a kit if you are after good, cheap cider. It works out alot cheaper and nicer. Try black rock new zealand cider.

evanvine said:
Bozuit said:
I've tried sweetening mine with Splenda in the glass and it ends up tasting nasty, like diet drinks.
Never tried that, don't think I will now.
I always add the splenda prior to bottlimg, conditioning and maturing.

You think it will make a difference? I'm not sure the sucralose will change in any way as it's quite stable.

Back