Holland & Barrett Malt Extract

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another buy 'one and get one half price' offer on at H&B at present and it includes their liquid malt extract, so today I have bought some more jars. It has gone up to �£2.99 a 1lb jar recently but if you buy multiples of two jars with the offer it still represents good value for money. I have got myself a reward card now and they sent me a voucher for �£1.50 the other week so that makes it even cheaper. :thumb: And as I have said on here before I have found it OK for brewing, no twang at all, or I wouldn't be buying the stuff.

Cheers terry for the heads up. I'm on that. Need some more for starters:thumb:

They also sell flaked rye with I've used successfully, also £1.25 for 500g. Not finished my stock of liquid malt from last time it was in the sale, or I'd be grabbing some too! I feel a brew coming on... Have also tried the Potters malt in a hoppy red and had good results although it's a little bit more per gram (don't get the one with weird things added though; cod liver oil ale anyone?)

Potters has 20% off at the mo - so £3.99 for 650g. H&B own brand and Meridian at normal price (£2.99 for 454g and £1.99 for 370g respectively).
https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/search?query=malt+extract&isSearch=true

At the current offer, Potters is therefore fractionally cheaper than own brand (61p per 100g vs 66p per 100g) but still more than Meridian (54p).
No idea which is better for brewing as I've not tried any of them.

At the current offer, Potters is therefore fractionally cheaper than own brand (61p per 100g vs 66p per 100g) but still more than Meridian (54p).
No idea which is better for brewing as I've not tried any of them.

Hi!
Meridian malt extract is fine - I've used it many times in the past.

I use it on one recipe in particular and its a bargain. get a loyal card and your quids in. just think about it MyQul, you can get some protein shakes or steroids to boost your muscles as a freebee:mrgreen:
Hi I have been looking at using H&B LME and I have a loyalty card how did the beer taste?

Back