Coopers ipa woth some leftovers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spike101uk

Regular.
Reaction score
So chucked a quick brew on this morning, with what follows

1 tin coopers ipa

Coppers brew enhancer (500g dextrose, 250 light malt extract , 250 maltodextrin)

500g light malt extract

Coopers 7g kit yeast

John bull ipa 7g kit yeast

Got 35g cascade to go into secondary for dry hopping.

Topped up to 23 litres and will leave for 2-3 weeks

Yep I use tubes instead of air locks all the time now just for peace of mind, and yes very lovely good burst of bubbles every 3 seconds still

This has been 1016 for 3 days now, can someone explain, I used 2 packets of yeast and it went like the clappers , is this as far as I'm going

This has been 1016 for 3 days now, can someone explain, I used 2 packets of yeast and it went like the clappers , is this as far as I'm going

What was your original gravity? It might be finished,Ive had some beers that just don't get down as far as hoped.
Give it a gentle stir and leave it for a couple of days at 20 degrees then check again

1049 was original gravity, I havnt dry hopped yet so might chuck 40g cascade in and that might kick start it to drop a few more points down

If it's stuck you can sometimes reactivate by moving to a warmer place.
I did this kit some time back. The kit yeast was very slow. You might have the same problem.
And its best kept for a while, but if you keep it for longer than 3 months the dry hop becomes less and less noticeable.

Well its only day 7 now so I'll leave one more week and rack to corny and dry hop 35g or 50g cascade and force carb, leave a week and crack on, and hopefully get some sunny weather to enjoy it with

Just put 50g cascade into this, was waiting till it cleared but heard us-05 doesn't clear that well so dry hopped and will corny for 2 weeks then filter filter into 22nd corny and force carb,

Yep 14 days tomorrow and still 1016

Beersmith reckoned 1007 as FG but guess not,

Corny it tomorrow and leave another week

Do after cold crashing and adding Finnings and leaving a good 2 weeks, and just kegged and it's still murky as dirty water. Not sure how or why, I'm gonna filter between keg with a 1 micron filter and see How we get on. Taste is cascadey and a quite bitter

20170915_203621_HDR.jpg

Back