World Superbike.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know there's quite a few bikers about and just wondering if anyone has been watching the series so far.
Johnny Rea has taken the first 5 races so far and what a fantastic rider.Took it too the limit today with Chaz Davies and unfortunately Chaz did come off near the end where the two were fighting hammer and tongs.Good too see Chaz up and walking but Johnny is already 47 points ahead in the championship.
BSB also starts today so this will be my watching for the next few months as with the MOTO GP.
What will happen 🏁

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I cannot get World Superbike or BSB as i no longer have Eurosport and with Shakey winning everything season after season i got a bit bored of it, i might see if someone puts it on youtube and see if it rekindles my interest.

Shakey is definitely a top class rider but there is a change in the air with some other top class riders returning to BSB.

Watch WSB sometimes same with BSB but don't watch Moto GP now much prefer classic racing I suppose its a nostalgia thing with me and the reason I have a couple of classic race bikes 2 x 250cc based on !977 Suzuki Gt250a and a cracking 1978 Yamaha yz 250 converted from scrambles machine to road race fit RD250 forks with a little machining to the yokes and some TD/TZ bodywork tank and a smaller rear sprocket. As for WSB don't see anyone breaking the grip of Rea to be honest bike rider set up and perfectly matched

i'm keeping an eye on Brad Rae in BSB, he's local to me and looks like he is making the step up to superbikes pretty well.

Watched the second race earlier and what a comeback for Davies.Hats of tot he riders today as it was blowing a gale and seems that a few of the riders are not feeling the very best as are some of the pit crews.Shall get a chance to watch BSB when I finish on tuesday.

As much as i like all the track stuff,and am glad its back on again (well done 5 for showing motogp), its the road racing i am really looking forward to.

Watch WSB sometimes same with BSB but don't watch Moto GP now much prefer classic racing I suppose its a nostalgia thing with me and the reason I have a couple of classic race bikes 2 x 250cc based on !977 Suzuki Gt250a and a cracking 1978 Yamaha yz 250 converted from scrambles machine to road race fit RD250 forks with a little machining to the yokes and some TD/TZ bodywork tank and a smaller rear sprocket. As for WSB don't see anyone breaking the grip of Rea to be honest bike rider set up and perfectly matched

Love the old classics myself but love to watch anything running on two wheels to be honest.
Nice bit of conversions going on there.
Once had an MB5 years ago and and the mate who is a mechanic meaning he done nearly all the work converted this to take a H100 engine which had been bored 1mm oversize.Would wheelie in third gear and a fantastic ride.:thumb:

By the way Hi and welcome to the forum.:thumb:

Thanks, i hope i can show a little more patience and use the forum to do a little more research before just rushing in like usual and then having to use it for help with whatever i've done wrong !

Love the old classics myself but love to watch anything running on two wheels to be honest.
Nice bit of conversions going on there.
Once had an MB5 years ago and and the mate who is a mechanic meaning he done nearly all the work converted this to take a H100 engine which had been bored 1mm oversize.Would wheelie in third gear and a fantastic ride.:thumb:

Ah, the easy way to get over the 50cc 30mph legislation thing. I went for a vespa, looked like a moped, rode like a wheelbarrow and terminally damaged the school running track !

Thanks, i hope i can show a little more patience and use the forum to do a little more research before just rushing in like usual and then having to use it for help with whatever i've done wrong !

You've certainly come to the right place.I've been through a few over the for various different things and have never experienced a more helpful,knowledgeable and welcoming bunch of people from all walks of life.
What ever your questions or concerns just fire away as we've all been there and someone shall come to your aid.
Give yourself a good tour on the forum to get your bearings as you'll find there is loads of stickies/tutorials and threads to cover.
Again welcome aboard.:thumb:

fatandy.. love the road racng guy I work with a sidecar racer himself Conrad Harrison his son Adrian Harrison who you no doubt will have seen is doing well

Shakey is definitely a top class rider but there is a change in the air with some other top class riders returning to BSB.

First superbike race highlights and full race 2 on Youtube, I always look out for Ellison as he is a local lad (Kendal) now on Yamaha.

Don't read further if you don't now what happened in the race warm up -

I wondered where Shakey had got to and now know -

Leon Haslam heads into the opening MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race of the season on top after setting the pace in morning warm up at Donington Park as defending champion Shane 'Shakey' Byrne crashed out.

Haslam had been upping the pace in the dry conditions as the JG Speedfit Kawasaki rider bids to get his title challenge off to the best possible start; he was being pushed by Byrne on the Be Wiser Ducati but in the final five minutes the champion crashed heavily at Craner Curves. Byrne was taken to the medical centre and was declared unfit for today’s two races after suffering concussion.

Sylvain Guintoli made his mark in warm up by ending third fastest for Bennetts Suzuki, narrowly easing Josh Brookes into fourth as the pair prepare for their returning race this afternoon.

Luke Mossey starts from second on the grid for the opening race and he was fifth fastest ahead of Peter Hickman and Glenn Irwin with Christian Iddon the leading Tyco BMW in eighth. Jake Dixon and James Ellison completed the top ten.

http://www.britishsuperbike.com/news/haslam-leads-warm-up-as-shakey-crashes-out-at-donington-park/

fatandy.. love the road racng guy I work with a sidecar racer himself Conrad Harrison his son Adrian Harrison who you no doubt will have seen is doing well

Yes, Adrian is doing well but to be fair so is Conrad. Have you ever seen him race ?
The sidecars are absolutely unbelievable on the road circuits, you really have to see them to believe it.

Yes fatandy seen them both at Scarborough his younger son Allister is not doing bad either many years ago one of the lads that was part of our group raced the outfits he started with a Windle BSA engine started out as a 650 and had the Devimead 840 conversion.He then moved onto another Windle with a 750 kettle engine that was sent to Barton engineering north Wales and tuned and taken out to 860cc.

I'm glad to see Brad Ray is coping well with the step up to suerbikes, looks like he will be one to watch.

Back