Asda sorry for shopping bag gaffe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Woops. :lol:

_97473821_d61ac86f-7258-4e48-b4ff-fa3e76837d3c.jpg

_97473820_5da8d583-ef31-4ad3-a539-e7a25514c0e1.jpg

The opening of Asda's first store on the Isle of Wight made an impression for all the wrong reasons after special bags produced to mark the occasion included the spelling "Isle of White".
The retailer opened the doors to its Newport store on Monday and offered shoppers the chance to buy 10,000 bags designed by two island children.
Bosses obviously did not check them properly as they included the mistake.
Asda said it was "hanging our heads" and promised to get the bags reprinted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-41010998

Joking aside i had not realised how far behind Tesco ASDA and Sainsbury's now are -

Lidl tops Waitrose to become UK's seventh biggest grocer

Lidl has beaten Waitrose to become the UK's seventh largest supermarket chain, according to latest grocery market share figures.

The German discount food retailer has increased its market share to 5.2%, up by 0.7% year-on-year, Kantar Worldpanel reports.

Families are driving its sales as they tend to buy more items in one supermarket visit, Kantar said.

With 5.1% market share, Waitrose has been pushed into eighth place.

"Ten million households visited [Lidl's] expanding network of stores during the past 12 weeks, with alcohol and fresh produce performing particularly well as the retailer increased sales by 18.9% overall," said Fraser McKevitt, head of retailer and consumer insight at Kantar Worldpanel.

"Lidl is growing sales 40% faster with families than with households without children."

The biggest supermarket chains in the UK, by market share are:

Tesco (27.8%)

Sainsbury's (15.8%)

Asda (15.3%)

Morrisons (10.4%)

Aldi (7%)

Co-op (6.3%)

Lidl (5.2%)

Waitrose (5.1%)

Iceland (2.1%)

Ocado (1.4%)

Since the financial crisis in 2008, the four biggest grocers Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda and Morrisons have faced increasing pressure from luxury supermarket brands like Waitrose, as well as German discount chains like Aldi and Lidl.

Grocery market share figures from March 2017 onwards show that UK supermarkets are now experiencing their best sales growth in five years.

"All four of Britain's biggest grocers managed to grow sales for the fifth consecutive period, a run of collective success not seen since 2013," said Mr McKevitt.

"However, this welcome period of sustained growth hasn't been enough to entirely offset pressure from the discounters: the big four now account for just 69.3% of the UK grocery market - down from 76.3% five years ago - and that looks set to fall further in the coming months."

Clearly Tesco had them printed on the mainland, supporting local communities!
i will take a thousand, i will head down to farage land and flog in an afternoon! :nono:

Not bothered about Lidl - they advertise stuff that costs nowt on telly but when you get there most of it is not cheap. Besides, my missus got a sixty quid fine for using their car park. Three years on and I'm still wishing them good luck getting it.Tesco is alright cos you've the greatest chance of finding everything you want. Aldi is genuinely cheap, that's why their car park is full of big Mercs, Porsches etc, not having wasted their dosh elsewhere. Might go back to Asda if they start stocking WGJ again.

Just read this post after trying to find info on wild hops(google) Chippy Tea are you a Caulkhead?

No, born in Lancashire now live in Cumbria thanks to Thatcher never left the town where I was born!

How the feck did you get shopping bags from a search for hops :lol:

Latest posts

Back