Fruit 'Tea Bags' ....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Box (20) Fruit 'Tea Bags'
2 litres Grape Juice
2lbs sugar (or thereabouts)
1tsp Citric Acid
1/2tsp Grape Tannin
GP Yeast & Nutrient

Use 1 box Twinings Cranberry, Raspberry & Elderflower bags and Sainsbury's 100% Pure Pressed Red Grape Juice (not from concentrate, no preservatives) but you could use any fruit infusions bags and red or white grape juice as appropriate.

Infuse the bags for 30 minutes in 2 pints boiling water.

Boil 2lbs sugar (or thereabouts) in 1 pint water.

Wring the bags out as best you can without splitting them and pour infusion liquor and sugar syrup into a bucket, add grape juice, allow to cool, add Citric, Tannin, Nutrient and Yeast and let it rip.

After the initial whoosh has subsided, pour into a DJ and make up to 1 gallon.

Dead easy, and I cost that at around £3.50 per gallon or 60p a bottle at around 13% ABV.

Last edited:
Ready for another fruit tea bag wine
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415127910.906179.jpg

Most supermarkets have a good range of flavour combinations of teas.
Can't go wrong for the price.

can anyone tell me where I am going wrong with these, have tried a couple, and they all just taste of nothing but acid ?? no flavour of the tea bags coming through, just really strong acid type taste :(

can anyone tell me where I am going wrong with these, have tried a couple, and they all just taste of nothing but acid ?? no flavour of the tea bags coming through, just really strong acid type taste :(

Did you put the required 2ltr of white or red grape juice in your recipe?

yes, am wondering if its fermenting out or something as the room is very warm as has a couple of vivariums in there, going to start another one tomorrow in a different room as see if that makes any difference at all

yes, am wondering if its fermenting out or something as the room is very warm as has a couple of vivariums in there, going to start another one tomorrow in a different room as see if that makes any difference at all

Could be, I have some on now and the room varies between 16-20 degrees but also had some on in the summer at much higher temps with no Ill effects.

I found this myself until I degassed my wine. Excess CO2 can leave an acid type taste. I used a wine whip then let it settle before using a Harris filter.

Hi
I made twinnings raspberry and strawberry tea wine a few weeks ago, it took off fermenting like a rocket and went for about 10 days bubbling away, I have racked it twice now but its still not clearing, smells and tastes nice, just cloudy..
any suggestions on how to clear it, my house is quite warm around 20 degrees all the time. should I try moving it to the shed or outside ??

Hi
I made twinnings raspberry and strawberry tea wine a few weeks ago, it took off fermenting like a rocket and went for about 10 days bubbling away, I have racked it twice now but its still not clearing, smells and tastes nice, just cloudy..
any suggestions on how to clear it, my house is quite warm around 20 degrees all the time. should I try moving it to the shed or outside ??

Wilko wine finings £1, works superb within 48hrs, you can do two demis by splitting the pack or up to 23ltr in one go.

hi all, planning on getting one of these going tomorrow but I only have 1 white grape juice left, could I use a litre of pure apple juice instead of the second litre of wgj? anyone else tried this?

just stumbled across lidl grape juice and fruit infusions for less than £1 each - so that'll be another batch on then. I'm doing raspberry and peach this time. I've done a few of these now with good results so it'll be nice to see how it compares when made with lidl stuff.

Back