WineBuddy Sauvignon Blanc - 30 bottle Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mrs Tea suggested we try the kit, we liked it and have made many more gallons, i don't know how it compares to the "proper" stuff as i have never tasted it but i think the WineBuddy Sav Blanc tastes great and at £22:50 for a 30 bottle kit delivered free (tesco click and collect) i think its great value.

Cheers all.
Am I right in assuming that replacing the sugar with grape juice or concentrate will improve the result, as malt does in beer kits?

Cheers all.
Am I right in assuming that replacing the sugar with grape juice or concentrate will improve the result, as malt does in beer kits?

I bottled of the 30 bottle kit yesterday, it tasted fine to me and the other half's bingo mate got a bottle to try at bingo last night and she emptied it, she is a hardened Sauv Blanc drinker and now wants more of it.

I think that adding more grape juice as a sugar replacement may well defeat the purpose of buying a kit in the first place as it would lose its intended flavour/essence. If its just a fruity tasting wine you want maybe look no further than a WoW recipe which work out a loot cheaper.

Spot on Chewie, if you mess with it you won't know if what you make is better or worse than the standard kit.

enjoying a cellar 7 kit atm,

but will give the winebuddy kit a try, at the £22.50 price its worth a shot !

... but will give the winebuddy kit a try, at the �£22.50 price its worth a shot !

I pay £44 for Californian Connoisseur. I reckon that there is so much work put in to brewing it that I may as well pay £1.50 per bottle.

I just searched tesco website and couldn't find it, or any wine kit other than mulled wine spice, is it a limited time special Chippy?

I just searched tesco website and couldn't find it, or any wine kit other than mulled wine spice, is it a limited time special Chippy?

I google "Tesco home brew sale" its better than going through their site.

All WineBuddy kits - http://www.tesco.com/direct/search-...67294&searchquery=winebuddy&SrchId=4294967294

Full sale list - http://www.tesco.com/direct/diy-car/home-brewing/cat5780015.cat

I haven't seen this before Sorry, due to unexpected high demand all deliveries will take 5-7 days. Excluding Partners.

Thanks for the links cqr, pookie and chippy :thumb:
I was searching on the main tesco site, didn't think to try the direct section :doh:
But what a useless search they have if it doesn't cover the whole tesco empire!

I assume its because the sale is only on four times a year but you would think they would have a link from the main page.

I would have thought that there would be a link to home brewing items even if there was no sale on, but maybe they only sell home brewing items in sales?

FFS I had a senior moment there, of course searching for home brew stuff should be easy from the main site sale or no sale.

Send them a cheeky email saying for the price of a kit you could easily improve their home brew sales

Thanks for the links cqr, pookie and chippy :thumb:
I was searching on the main tesco site, didn't think to try the direct section :doh:
But what a useless search they have if it doesn't cover the whole tesco empire!
Just spent �£70 on kits and brew enhancers! :whistle: Thanks again for posting about this. I normally check for the sale every couple of weeks and may have missed it otherwise. Pity we don't also get double clubcard vouchers on it.

phone call from bloke at customer services thanking me for alerting them, I think they were just gonna say thanks but I asked were they gonna send me a kit for my efforts then? he said sorry he couldn't do that but he would send me a tenner voucher, so thank you for the suggestion Mr Tea, I owe you one :thumb:

Back