Leon103's brew days

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must make more of an effort with this thread, it is good to look back at previous brews.

I am three brews behind so best getting them up on here.

Below is the DIPA I made for the brew off. Brewed a smaller batch than normal. Initially this was really good and I wouldn't mind trying to remake at some point, but I think some oxygen got in during transfer and spoiled the beer. Thank god it was a smaller batch and was used with ingredients I had in stock.

O87dQcW.png

A few weeks back I got round to brewing my Sabro Porter. I have been planning this for a long while. At present it is still conditioning but is getting better with age. Full 28l brew this time so this should see through the conditioning period. Its not bad but early thoughts are it can do with more Sabro.

DYnuK0v.png

A little update

The Riwaka turned out really good and is still tasting nice out of the keg, it's seemed to have impressed the builders that I have in.

Just before the builders started I managed to squeeze in another brew. Details below - Similar to the Riwaka but showcasing Talus as the main hop. This time I have gone for something a bit lighter with this coming out at 5.5%. First impressions are really good but it needs a bit longer to condition - only been 5 days.

Just finalised my next run of beers.

Another Pilsner, Dunkelweizen, Indian Export Porter and Belgian Pale. Brewing as become a little more difficult with the builders on site but I hope to get the pilsner done first so it as plenty of time to do its thing whilst i can't brew regularly.

Attachments

• talus.png
    talus.png
    202.4 KB · Views: 77
A little update

The Riwaka turned out really good and is still tasting nice out of the keg, it's seemed to have impressed the builders that I have in.

Just before the builders started I managed to squeeze in another brew. Details below - Similar to the Riwaka but showcasing Talus as the main hop. This time I have gone for something a bit lighter with this coming out at 5.5%. First impressions are really good but it needs a bit longer to condition - only been 5 days.

Just finalised my next run of beers.

Another Pilsner, Dunkelweizen, Indian Export Porter and Belgian Pale. Brewing as become a little more difficult with the builders on site but I hope to get the pilsner done first so it as plenty of time to do its thing whilst i can't brew regularly.
Had a Talus beer last night and it was really grapefruity, are you getting from yours?

So just over a week ago I noticed that my kegerator wasn't getting as cold as it should.

Original plan was to buy a new fridge/freezer for the house and use the massive one that is currently in there to build a kegerator.

But then I was offered this second hand fridge for £20. It's a bit smaller than my last one but I couldn't refuse, it's worth a punt at that price.

A new fridge meant I could get my new manifold and inline regs all installed.

A pretty straight forward install, apart from the door was a lot tougher than the last and covered in a plastic film. The result, a couple of broken drill pieces. Lucky a hole punch was on hand to get the job done.

The manifold tidied things up and means I can easily attach a line for my counter filler.

The inline regs look a bit of a mess and I need to trim some of the lines to sort it but it will do for now.

On empty the old one I soon realised I have way too many shop bought cans, too many to stack in the new one.

Just need a new drip tray.

Attachments

• 20210617_205012.jpg
    20210617_205012.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 20210617_204935.jpg
    20210617_204935.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 75
  • 20210617_204928.jpg
    20210617_204928.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20210617_204924.jpg
    20210617_204924.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20210617_204912.jpg
    20210617_204912.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 73
On Father's Day I got a Pilsner on the go. It's version 4 of the recipe with the only real change is the addition of Saaz. I usually go two packs but as this was a larger batch I pitched 3.

hkobCMj.png

I had forgotten how easy and quick a none hoppy beer brew day was. I was a bit below on my usual numbers but it all worked out in the end, it should leave me with something around the 4.6 - 4.8% abv mark, perfect for summer.

Recently I have been thinking through all my brews, what I have achieved and what I want to do in the future. With that I have come to the sad conclusion, I have decided to hang up my bag, my trusty BIAB as brewed its last beer. Time for new adventures

Recently I have been thinking through all my brews, what I have achieved and what I want to do in the future. With that I have come to the sad conclusion, I have decided to hang up my bag, my trusty BIAB as brewed its last beer. Time for new adventures
What's the future plan then?

For a long time I have been researching All in One machines and decided it was time to treat myself. After a bit of advice from @dan125 I decided to go with THIS. The 50l capacity will mean I will safely be able to brew the larger 28l batches I desire, plus giving me the flexibility of doing smaller ones if I wish.

I went down the pre-order route with @AngelHomebrew. and I have to say the service was excellent. within 24 hours of them receiving the shipment the parcel had been sent out for delivery. It arrived last week but have been too busy to unpack yet. Perhaps a job for tonight.

Sounds good. I think it's a good move getting the 50l ,gives a bit more flexibility.
I ended up getting the standard size brewzilla and there have been times that I had thought about doing a split batch with different yeasts and hops . The 50 l capacity would give a better volume of 2 beers.

That’s the one

Also one available for the 70L machine now

Probably not fine enough for pellet. The fine mesh hop spiders or hop bags would be used for pellet

The holes in plate around 2mm iirc

Latest posts

Back