Conan x WLP644 Hybrid Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers steve
another cracking beer i wish i could do the whole brake down of flavours etc etc
But i will say i the 644 is definitely there it reminds me of the mango ipa.i sent you (yeast wise) and i love how its still very hazy my 2 attempts at neipa have always cleared with time ,and they dont hang around that long [emoji16]. Iv had a bit of a forced layoff with the homebrew of late but will be back on it soon and when iv done owt i think is worth sending you i will cheers [emoji106]
00d91ea324cba07dd58d42f24100b996.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I brewed with this yeast over the weekend, will update with results in the weeks to come.

It harvested excellently, stepped up from 200g water and 10g of DME, then to 500g water and 50g DME. I drank the resulting beer from my starter and it was great. Hopefully it will do well in the NEIPA.

Didn’t get the alert into my inbox so just saw this today. If it’s all gone no problem.

Didn’t get the alert into my inbox so just saw this today. If it’s all gone no problem.

The NEIPA is gone however I have used the same yeast in an AIPA which tbh is better anyway, so I'll get a bottle of that sent out to you.

Very kind Steve.

Many thanks

Like I said in PM I’ve a Helles on the go you’re welcome to try.

Hi peoples, and non-species-specific existers.

I'm really interested in trying these yeast strains, both F1 and F1-C4. Does anyone have any that they would be willing to send to Brixton? Or I can collect anywhere in London.

I emailed Kristoff, and he said he would happily send me some when he next grows some up, which is very kind of him, but that won't be until March at the earliest.

I have the appropriate paraphernalia to grow some up from bottles, but would much prefer an earlier generation if anyone has some. I haven't tried freezing and storing yeast yet, but if I get a hold of some, this will be motivation enough to have a go.

So who's got some? I will retaliate to any generosity with bottles of fruit saison, table beers, or raspberry stout.

Cheers

@BetaTonic
I have a couple of IPAs still lying about which were fermented with these, so not first generation but you're welcome to them if you'd like.

@strange-steve
Thank you very much for the offer!
How strong are these IPAs, and how long have the yeast been in the bottles?

I don't want to sound picky, but I'm entitled and rude, so I'm going to anyway:
I think it would be better to grab some yeast from a healthier state, even if it is a later generation. For example, a sample taken soon after primary has finished, and/or from a lower abv beer.

But if no other alternatives crop up, then I will gladly take you up on the offer, and I'm sure I can grow some up to a healthier state if I put my mind to it/shout loudly enough at them.
Cheers, Happy Friday!

Of course you're entitled to ask, it's a serious matter!

The C4 variant was bottled 9th Aug, 5.5% ABV.
The F1 original was bottled 20th Sept, 6.0% ABV.

I do have some F1 slurry from my last batch, but it's 3rd generation now and been in the fridge for a few weeks so I would be hesitant to pass it on.

Cool. It was just a thought. Probably a bit rude to be checking the teeth of a gift-horse too closely.
I'll go ahead and take the bottles. I'll see if I can coax the little beasts to former glories. Thanks again, DM coming...

Latest posts

Back