Beer and Nostalgia (or Beer nostalgia)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the good ol' 70s, my ol' man used to bring home one-pint bottles of John Smiths Pale Ale from the local WMC so he could carry on drinking after hoofing-out time. Must've been fond of it cos he kept the bottles and amassed quite a haul. I'm still using them for my homebrew and they're as good as new. Gawd knows how many pints have passed thru' them over the decades. Made of sterner stuff back then, y'see. Alas the labels have all long, long gone.

Back in the good ol' 70s, my ol' man used to bring home one-pint bottles of John Smiths Pale Ale from the local WMC so he could carry on drinking after hoofing-out time. Must've been fond of it cos he kept the bottles and amassed quite a haul. I'm still using them for my homebrew and they're as good as new. Gawd knows how many pints have passed thru' them over the decades. Made of sterner stuff back then, y'see. Alas the labels have all long, long gone.
Go carefully. Glass bottles have a design life. Whereas multiple use bottles are stronger than one trip bottles, age, possible thermal shock and pressure cycling are not on your side.
That said I used the old 2 pint cider bottles with the pot top years ago for brewing and they were really heavy.

Back