Being adventerous

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yekim_4321

Reaction score
k so I did a six bottle Wilko chardonnay kit and it turned out better than expected sooooo i decided to try the Cabernet Sauvignon and the Rose both six bottles which I started Thursday..... then decided I wanted more dj's which obviously meant I needed to brew more wine :whistle: soooo i got some supermarket juices and duely set to making up more dj's

Was going to add some pics here but don't know how :oops:

will update with full recipe shortly

(ok what happened to my text!!!!!!)

Mick.

As always Chippy_Tea to the rescue I thank you sir now lets see if it works :-P

Ok so hopefully from right to left we have 2 kits a red and a Rose then we have what i'm hoping is my own take on WOW which is 1ltr RG 1ltr Verry cherry and 1ltr AJ all pure juice
700 gr sugar
1tsp gervin wine yeast
1tsp yeast nutrient
1tsp Pectolase
1tsp Citric Acid
A cup of strong tea and 500ml of boiling water used to dissolve the sugar.
Within 10 minutes it was blipping like buggery at 26C

The other is
2ltr RG/raspberry and pomegranite
1ltr AJ
704gr sugar again dissolved in 500 ml boiling water
plus the additives above

I had some sable grapes but wasn't sure how to use them so didn't :grin:
Oh and the wine rack type thingy is what i did because i'm running out of space for storage the top five bottles are chardonnay just ageing (Cos numpty here forgot to get a corkscrew :doh:) the lower half still needs shelves the side nearest the door will get a coat of blackboard paint so i can write on what's where

21682567_1484975928206663_1455635675_o.jpg

21684311_1484975561540033_892600505_o.jpg

21766921_1484975931539996_885472731_o.jpg

Quick update topped up the red wine (one on right of pic) to 4.5ltrs last night as per instructions went in this morning to find that it had come through the airlock and down the side of the dj and over the wall (newly decorated) and shelf OH was not impressed so cleaned up with no stains or marks and had to change out the airlock :thumb: am going to hold off topping up Rose for another 48 hrs to be safe :grin:

The same happened to me with the wilko kits, the best thing to do is leave topping up until fermentation has died down a lot usually day 4 or 5, when i make supermarket juice wines i don't top up i initially fill to the shoulder then when i rack to clear there is plenty of head space to degas and i then top up after adding the stabiliser, campden tablet and finings.

Thanks for the tip Chippy just had to change the airlock again did the same thing so have drawn off some liquid and moved to kitchen bench where it is easily cleaned the other three the Rose and the 2 WOW varients are bubbling nicely....i'm assuming that the WOW will take longer for fermantation to cease?

To be honest i have never noted how long they take or i have forgotten, i guess 7 - 10 days depending on the temperature where they are fermenting.

Back