discountbrew.co.uk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugs

Reaction score
Sad, but please be wary of this website shop.

I placed an order for fermenters etc on 6th Sept - received a 'shipped' notice on 7th, though without correct tracking details. order was meant to be sent with UK Mail but nothing received. (turns out UK Mail contact number in email is wrong & that discountbrew now use DPD..)

Discountbrew do not publish a contact telephone number, instead asking people to email questions - but they do not respond!

The owner also runs Goodlife Homebrew who DO have a phone number, so last week I phoned and spoke to someone helpful who said that items were still out of stock - OK I said, I'll wait and await a response from the owner (sent another email to 3 addresses..)

Having still received no update today (18th Sept) I rang again - the worker says that the boss does not actually come in to the shop and that the workers only have email contact / no phone contact with him. I asked if the boss actually replies to emails and the worker basically said 'sometimes'. I said that I was going to do a Paypal charge-back/cancellation and the worker agreed that that was probably the best option at this stage.

I tend to be accepting of delays, but poor communication is never good -- do not feed me false 'shipped' notifications and do respond to requests for updates. As such I am taking my business elsewhere and hope that my charge-back is settled quickly.

PS - I did read the rules & search for other mentions before posting this. I believe it is a fair review of the service but am happy to discuss if the mods feel the posting is not appropriate.

PS - I did read the rules & search for other mentions before posting this. I believe it is a fair review of the service but am happy to discuss if the mods feel the posting is not appropriate.

Forumites need to know the bad suppliers as well as good. Hopefully you 'll get things sorted out with a refund

Sound like they need horse whipping. ..or kicking round the garden until my leg ached.
Better still I'd get my cat to bite them. Hope they get the runs.

In your next email to them include a link to the thread here..

Even the best systems fail on occasion and running out of stock is a legitimate reason if an electronic system automatically posts receipt and delivery info before the stock levels are physically checked.
They may still redeem themselves, and prove to be a valuable supplier once they sort out the failing systems..

keep us up to date with any progress..

I have ordered from them before, only once mind you, and it was for small items but I didn't have any issue. Hopefully they get it sorted for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still no reply to my emails, though I did get a call from the shop (not Paul, the boss) yesterday asking what I wanted to do - the worker sounded pretty frustrated with how my case was being handled by the boss.
I started a Paypal chargeback on Monday.
I ordered similar products from HopShop - for slightly more £££ but with smooth and efficient order completion - 24hr delivery.

Glad you got it sorted! I know we all like to save a few quid but for me it's all about the service. Placed an order with maltmiller last night at around 9:45,email and text this morning at 7:22 confirming then further email from dpd. Stuff should be here tomorrow.

Goodlife Homebrew are actually my nearest home brew shop, although I've never been there as they seem to concentrate on kits and cheese making.

Latest posts

Back