Get Pickled for Xmas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bones

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi, Guys :cheers:
Never a wasted Sunday...
I love my pickles

2-2.jpg

Me too. Love your pickles that is! :D

Not too awful with a chilli pepper or two in the jar either :cool:

Eggs are a good one to do as well, ever tried em?

Cabbage I'd love to do, or sauerkraut, but that's a completely different kettle of fish!

We've pickled 5kg Shallots, will try to get the Picallili done this weekend :cool:

davesiv said:
ive got 20 pickled eggs on the go which did yesterday. God Mrs Siv is going to love me. ;)

Eggs done and in the cupboard too, in fact, time for a taster :D

Wez said:
davesiv said:
ive got 20 pickled eggs on the go which did yesterday. God Mrs Siv is going to love me. ;)

Eggs done and in the cupboard too, in fact, time for a taster :D

Hah, time for more of those, what was it, blanket busters? :lol:

Also done 5kg of shallots.

I haven't done any eggs for ages, can't think why not, I usually do something like 50% straight, 25% with chilli and 25% curried. I've got a gallon of clear vinegar left over, eggs are going on the shopping list.

Moley said:
Also done 5kg of shallots.

I haven't done any eggs for ages, can't think why not, I usually do something like 50% straight, 25% with chilli and 25% curried. I've got a gallon of clear vinegar left over, eggs are going on the shopping list.

Moley, we find the best results with eggs are if you don't use "very fresh eggs", have you found the same?

Wez said:
Moley, we find the best results with eggs are if you don't use "very fresh eggs", have you found the same?

I find that if you use eggs that are close to the use by date that they taste better than fresh ones.

Wez said:
Yes Wez, agreed. :thumb:

This is goona be a cracker..
Imagine... boxing day... Cold Gammon and Turkey Pickle and a PINT

Best tip is don't scipm on sugar and use your favorite spice.. if you like hot things spice it up..

Latest posts

Back