Brewing Fridge Controller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old_Bob

Reaction score
Looking at converting an old fridge into a fermenting chamber for brews.

Have found some tubular heaters on the net, but wondered what controllers you guys use to switch between fridge/heater to keep the temperature constant.

Would also be interested to hear what size heater you use as well. I was thinking along the lines of 40w or 60W. (too big, too small ???)

Many thanks.

Hi Old_Bob,

I use an Inkbird ITC 308, it only cost around £40 from Amazon and worked really well. Very simple to use - you just plug in your heater/fridge, set the temps and it does the rest.

I can't help with the heater size though, I was only using the fridge because I was doing a lager in the summer and had no need to heat, only to cool.

Hope that helps.

Bleery

I used a 45w tube heater from Amazon. I also bought an Inkbird ITC 1000F and wired it up. You can see it here http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65983

If you don't fancy building your own then get an Inkbird 308 and just plug and play.

The brew fridge is probably the best thing I have done to make my brewing easier and less stressful :thumb:

Jas

I'm still using an STC-1000 which does the job perfectly well but if I was building a fridge now I'd definitely use an @Inkbird ...if you check the sponsors sub-forum they tend to run promotions now and then. I've got a 60w heater in mine, you could definitely get away with a smaller one.

Lol out tonight at a business networking event and bumped into a chap who repairs house hold appliances. He's got a fridge that has been repaired he needs to get shot of because it's taking up workshop space. timing couldn't be better !!!

Going to have a look in the next couple of days to ensure FV will fit.

Back