Female homebrewers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping up with all the horlicks going on today, I'm going to request that this thread is closed and that all brewers are regarded as GENDER NEUTRAL

Keeping up with all the horlicks going on today, I'm going to request that this thread is closed and that all brewers are regarded as GENDER NEUTRAL

Sorry that won't cover me, because today I am identifying myself as a prawn cocktail.

Yeah, no need to get crabby about it! Oh that's bad, think I ought to clam up now...

I don't think she posts on here, although she posts on one of the Facebook groups I used, but the winner of the National Homebrew comp Best of Show this year is a woman, so there must be a few female Brewers kicking around!

That would be me :)

I rarely visit the forum nowadays but saw this thread come up in a search result when I was looking for another post about brewtube.

Eeeeek call the Mods that's a woman posting,,,,, :twisted:

Strangely my heroine brewer (who takes me to task every time we meet) is Fiona from Lomond brewing. Fantastic brews and such a brilliant approach to helping newbe/wannabe brewers. She proposed us to SIBA and makes the most awesome brews!!

I personally don't want to be defined as gender neutral.

I didn't know of any other female brewers, all the shops I've bought kit from had only men working in them, the books I learned from were written by men and the people I know who brew their own are all men.

I've no issue with being part of all male groups and it's nice to be reassured that only unacceptable behaviour is discriminated against here.

I personally don't want to be defined as gender neutral.

I didn't know of any other female brewers, all the shops I've bought kit from had only men working in them, the books I learned from were written by men and the people I know who brew their own are all men.

I've no issue with being part of all male groups and it's nice to be reassured that only unacceptable behaviour is discriminated against here.

er we do discriminate, but only against fo**ers drinkers :grin:

Sue from waen brewery made the excellent chilli plum porter.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/popular-award-winning-welsh-brewery-11883133

Her company is no longer trading and I wish her well because her beers were truly a delight to drink :drunk:

I’ve tried to get my wife in to it but she’s got as much interest in my beer as I have in watching football with her. I refer to my wife as ‘the boss’ frequently because it makes her laugh. It is also true, I would be lost without her. I don’t think gender is something that needs to be neutralised, be what you want to be.

I’ve tried to get my wife in to it but she’s got as much interest in my beer as I have in watching football with her. I refer to my wife as ‘the boss’ frequently because it makes her laugh. It is also true, I would be lost without her. I don’t think gender is something that needs to be neutralised, be what you want to be.

Mine refers to me as "boss" quite often (and not ironically), which is amusing since I'm like you have would be lost without her, especially when it comes to managing the house.

My partner has a brewers face if I get excited and talk about a brew, receipe, new kit, or my brew stock.
Her face has 'lost the will to live' look and a small amount of drool from her pet lip,,,,

Thankfully, she loves fekn drinkin it though!

Latest posts

Back