What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment IMG_3242.JPG

Partial mash barleywine I made about 18 months or so ago. Pale malt, crystal and victory with Amber LME as I recall. I can't find my notes as it was an old book but I think it was about 9.5% ABV. I used Bramling Cross hops. It's quite sweet but not sticky and the alcohol is there but under control. Not one to be drunk in big doses though! I've only got a few of these left, I tend to pull it out when stocks are low. Need to brew again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a cherry saison from little valley. Nice drop and swmbo loved it. Reminded me of a ruby leffe.
Followed by a sorachi ace saison. Another nice drop. Finished off with a chocolate orange stout. Nice ish stout but got no hint of orange

Brew 2 X 80 pints into ally barrels.

Leave for 2months... then couple of pints a night.. mmmm, very tasty.

Anyone tried marmite in it? How much?

Cheers, hic hic

last night in a local pub, Hobgoblin. Had to wait 5 minutes while they changed the barrel but I see that as a definite PLUS. It was superb. Tonight a 3.6% pale SMASH beer.

Cheap beer from the Lidl. Tastes heavenly. ABV 10.5% with a Belgian candy sugar aftertaste. I could get drunk on this, and still drink on...

20171021_185733_HDR.jpg

Had a cherry saison from little valley. Nice drop and swmbo loved it. Reminded me of a ruby leffe.
Followed by a sorachi ace saison. Another nice drop. Finished off with a chocolate orange stout. Nice ish stout but got no hint of orange

Just supping one of those while brewing .
Nice drop !

I was half way through a Better Brew Export Lager when my son (15) demanded his Saturday night shandy so I made his shandy with Better Brew IPA, which I probably won't do again TBH. After I'd poured out his half a bottle (a fair bit over if his Mum's not looking) I then mixed the rest OF the IPA with the lager I had on the go and the resulting beer is very nice. It's really got me thinking about blending beers again.

The last bottle of my wheat beer which must be getting on for six months old. Still a lovely beer, will have to brew it again for next summer.

One of my chilli dark angels. A 6% stout with chilli. Lovely and warming. Good head retention as well.
BG

One of my chilli dark angels. A 6% stout with chilli. Lovely and warming. Good head retention as well.

BG

Ooh that sounds good. How did you add the chilli?

Had a St. Peter plumporter... was ok, but tasted sweet, and a St. Peter's citrus beer.. again ok, but nothing special. Onto the red wine now

Had a break from beer last night and opened the first bottle of the loganberry wine I made back in June. It was a touch sweet for my taste, so I decided to stick it in the fridge for an hour and it was delicious; a deep rose colour, a good loganberry flavour, some acidity to balance the sweetness and a touch of tannin on the finish.
Only seventeen more bottles to go. :grin:

A Robinson's Black Unicorn stout from Lidl, and now tucking into a WOW a made a few months back. Had it nice and cold from the fridge and it seems to have improved in the last 3 months. :thumb:

Inspired me to order a box-full of ingredients online :whistle:

This is rather delicious, especially considering a couple of weeks ago on a different thread I said beers with bourbon in were the only things I didn't like! The bourbon is only subtle and in the aftertaste and the stout itself is lovely, tons of roasty flavour but very smooth. It does not drink like an 8% beer. I rarely drink a beer and think 'I have to make that' but I have to make this. View attachment IMG_3258.JPG

This is rather delicious, especially considering a couple of weeks ago on a different thread I said beers with bourbon in were the only things I didn't like! The bourbon is only subtle and in the aftertaste and the stout itself is lovely, tons of roasty flavour but very smooth. It does not drink like an 8% beer. I rarely drink a beer and think 'I have to make that' but I have to make this. View attachment 10788

I racked my version of the Greg Hughes Vanilla Bourbon Stout over the weekend, so only about 4-6 months to go. I was a bit heavy handed on the vanilla extract at 28ml and not much change from a 700ml bottle of Jim Beams from an Asda special @ £14, but what-the-hell, eh?

Surely it is a one-off sort of a brew, and if it is a bit OTT, then I can blend a bottle of this with another dark beer in 6-9 months time.

I racked my version of the Greg Hughes Vanilla Bourbon Stout over the weekend, so only about 4-6 months to go. I was a bit heavy handed on the vanilla extract at 28ml and not much change from a 700ml bottle of Jim Beams from an Asda special @ �£14, but what-the-hell, eh?

Surely it is a one-off sort of a brew, and if it is a bit OTT, then I can blend a bottle of this with another dark beer in 6-9 months time.

Absolutely agree, investing that much time into a single brew justifies the best possible ingredients as well :thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back