Whats your swansong gonna be ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue666

Reaction score
A bit morbid maybe but a couple of years ago my employers husband died & I went to the funeral. He was to be buried so at the end of the service he was carried out of church accompanied by the song 'Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye' (Gracie Fields) , no kidding everyone left that church with a big beaming smile on their face just as he'd have wanted. So that's my question whats your final song going to be? Mine would have to be.......Albatross by Fleetwood Mac its just so relaxing I love it.

We had a discussion at work at the most inappropriate music to be played at your funeral. I settled on 'you can't fit quicker than a Quick fit fitter, were the boys to trust'.

It will be poignant moment.

Ammonia Avenue - alan parsons project.

I'm a lover of prog rock, and know that most of my friends and family hate it, so will choose a nice 20-odd minute song for ****s and giggles.

Octavarium by Dream Theatre sounds alright. Maybe some rosetta stoned by tool, but that clocks in at a disappointing ~12min.

That'll teach 'em.

At my cremation I'd like to have them play "Set Me On Fire" by Type O Negative. They're my favourite band and it seems fairly appropriate :lol:

Another cremation suggestion, Firestarter by The Prodigy. I'd be happy with that :D

I'm a lover of prog rock, and know that most of my friends and family hate it, so will choose a nice 20-odd minute song for ****s and giggles.

Octavarium by Dream Theatre sounds alright. Maybe some rosetta stoned by tool, but that clocks in at a disappointing ~12min.

That'll teach 'em.

:lol::lol:

I love the idea of your friends and family having to patiently stand there while some Yes epic is playing. Trying to look all respectful when really there thinking, 'FFS when is this going to end!'

not being able to think of any songs which reference being buried in a sun-dappled forest and having a tree planted on top of you, I'll go for my favourite song of all time ever in the history of space and everything, Wichita Lineman.

And if they could get Glen Campbell to come back from the dead (he's not dead yet, but I'm kind of hoping he goes before I do. Sorry Mr. Campbell) and play live the piano version which he did on Jools Holland once, well that would be just grand.

I would prefer just being chucked in a ditch somewhere, but if I have too choose songs then I'll go with:

That Smell - Lynard Skynard
Burn - Deep Purple
Rockin in the free world - Neil Young

But if I was being really mean I'd go for Free Bird on a loop for at least 1 hr, much as I like the song I know from experience that it gets really annoying after a while :):)

For me and my warped sense of humour and absolute love of all things Paul Weller, it'd have to be Going Undeground

Carmina Burana.
**** everyone right up thinking I'm going to haunt the **** out of them later.
Either that or the Birdie Song.

I would prefer just being chucked in a ditch somewhere, but if I have too choose songs then I'll go with:

That Smell - Lynard Skynard
Burn - Deep Purple
Rockin in the free world - Neil Young

But if I was being really mean I'd go for Free Bird on a loop for at least 1 hr, much as I like the song I know from experience that it gets really annoying after a while :):)

Free bird was great on guitar hero 2. Piece of **** for the first half. Impossible in the latter half.

Back