Mail clubs for beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brumbrew

Regular dufus
Reaction score
Does anyone subscribe to these 'craft' beer boxes delivered to your door?

I keep seeing adverts in the metro newspaper and on my Twitter feed about deals on boxes of beer.

I can remember the troubles family members had in the early 90s with wine club style boxes taking extra payments, hidden fees trouble cancelling etc.

Just wondering if anyone here has a subscription to any and which they find the best?

I bought my brother a 3 month subscription to Beer52 for Christmas.

His feedback was pretty positive. No bother cancelling it once he'd had his three months either. Shop around as there are some good sign up deals to be had.

I subscribe to Beer52 and their customer service is first rate. I've had problems in the past with boxes not turning up or the same beers two months on the trot. Both times they sorted out my problems with no quibbles and threw in some freebies. Their beers are also generally very good. Very rarely is there a beer i don't like. I'd recommend them.

Never quite understood this concept. Find yourself a good shop and pick the beers that you want to try, not what someone else is telling you to try. Very expensive as well

I do agree, but I'm just lazy. Even though I live near a brilliant bottle shop. Just saves the jaunt there and back with clinking bottles (don't drive)

I do agree, but I'm just lazy. Even though I live near a brilliant bottle shop. Just saves the jaunt there and back with clinking bottles (don't drive)

Aldi do very good mixed selection of boxed beers. Ive never bought one, but the box they are selling at the moment has all bases covered and at a v. good price...£15.00 for 12 x 500ml bottles ( I think)

I see the adverts and my mate who subscribes to one is always offering me discount codes. Never tried it myself, I have to much homebrew to drink but j have heard positive feedback on them. From what I have seen though they seem expensive.

Never quite understood this concept. Find yourself a good shop and pick the beers that you want to try, not what someone else is telling you to try. Very expensive as well

Occasionally you can get lucky with sign up offers. My first Beer52 case cost me £10 for 12 bottles/cans because it had a money off offer and then 2 extra bottles for free.
Then cancel the sub once the first box had been delivered and jobs a goodun!

Of course... that only will work once!
DA

www.stirchleywines.co.uk

A very good store. He has a wide selection of just about anything and everything. He will even order stuff in for you.

The sons name is krishan lovely guy and knows a lot about beer. Visit some time. You won't be disappointed :-)

He even has beer on tap in the store. There is another shop further up the road opposite the grant arms pub. Also a good selection there.

Ive heard about this shop, never been there (wrong side of town for me) but will try and visit. Bernies in Shirley is quite good (theyll order bottles in for you) but has gone off the boil over the last couple of years. If Im in the town I always get a few bottles from the Post Office Vaults (mostly on their recommendation) v. expensive, but very good for obscure beers. I always take a couple of bottles of HB there and ask for some feedback from the beer "connisseurs".

Latest posts

Back