Sweet Turbo Cider Recipes Please?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done this without sweetener, and it was just fruity enough that it didn't need any sweetener (for me).
I did 3 smaller batches though - one Strawberry, one Cherry, one Raspberry (Lidl had Lowicz on offer - they've got it in at the moment as well...) :cheers3:

I've done this without sweetener, and it was just fruity enough that it didn't need any sweetener (for me).
I did 3 smaller batches though - one Strawberry, one Cherry, one Raspberry (Lidl had Lowicz on offer - they've got it in at the moment as well...) :cheers3:
I’m thinking of having a go at this. Does the lime juice contain artificial sweetener already? I’m wondering whether that would be an advantage over using real limes??

Hi, hope I'm not too late for this older thread...

What should I be doing, or am I doing wrong, that I am just getting dry cider that tastes just about of apples? I had hopped is get a sweet (ish) and flavoured batch.

2 litres fresh AJ
2 litres Tesco AJ
200ml Lowizc cherry
1 mug tea
1 tap pectolase
Ordinary wine yeast.
Start sg 1052
12 days and finished at 994

Is priming with the remaining 200ml Lowizc going to give me sweet, fizzy, cherry cider?

Can't say why your TC doesn't taste right but there is 26g of sugar per 30 ml of the cherry syrup using 200 ml/172g to prime 4.5 litres sounds like a recipe for an explosion.

If you like kopparberg try this
21 litres apple juice
3 440ml bottles of Lowics strawberry
1 750ml bottle tesco double strength lime squash
Mangrove jack cider yeast
Put the lime in a pan and bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
Put the strawberry syrup in the fv and rinse out the bottles with some apple juice.
Put the rest of the apple juice in and add the lime.
Add the yeast and leave until it's fermented.
Put into 2nd fv.
Fill a half pint glass while you're doing this and batch prime the rest with 150g of sugar.
With the half pint add half a teaspoon of sweetener and taste, repeater until sweet enough.
Then times the sweetener by 80 and add to cider and bottle.
It should end up around 9% abv

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi, I know this is a fairly old post, just come across it as I am very new to home brew and just discovered this forum. I want to make some Cider and this sounds perfect, as really like Kopperberg.
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but what sweetener do you use or recommend?
Thanks in advance.

I make 2 DJ's of sweet fruity Turbo Ciders, one with Robinson's strawberry and Kiwi barley fruit squash and one with Lowicz raspberry, when they are finished fermenting I will combine them together before priming and bottling to end up with a nice sweet n fruity raspberry, strawberry and Kiwi cider, I can only just make it quick enough to keep up with the missus!

3L apple juice (Tesco value)
1L Robinson's strawberry and Kiwi barley fruit squash
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1 tsp pectolase
water to shoulder of DJ
Cider yeast

3L apple juice (Tesco value)
1 440ml bottle of Lowicz raspberry syrup
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1 tsp pectolase
water to shoulder of DJ
Cider yeast

Picking this up, but hopefully still relevant: I am going to make the above Lowicz TC...and again use 5L DJ.
I want a more Kopperberg type flavour - so sweeter..and will sue sweetened yeast...HOWEVER...

Is it ok to use part of a cider yeast pack - that is for 25 litres - will the yeast/sweetener mix be OK...I read somewhere that it should be all of a pack, or nothing...?

Any thoughts!?

I regularly split yeast packets when doing small batches.
Just got one on last week, kilo of mixed berries and 4l AJ all boiled up and strained.
Squeezed the mush to get the last juice out and popped it in a demi Jon with 1/3 rd packet of cider yeast and some pectolose. Rest of the yeast has been resealed and put away for next time.

I'll be priming with 5ml of raspberry lowizc - which gives a good fizz for a 500ml bottle.

I’m very much interested in this but would be doing it on a smaller scale (10 litres) so how would I go about doing that?

Hi, I know this is a fairly old post, just come across it as I am very new to home brew and just discovered this forum. I want to make some Cider and this sounds perfect, as really like Kopperberg.
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but what sweetener do you use or recommend?
Thanks in advance.
hi ive just tried this out the fv , after fermentation. its not very sweet, or strawberry tasting, will the extra sugar sweeten it up enough? or is it better to prime with more lowicz? tia
regards

Last edited:
And the (almost) finished product...

(Forgot to mention - used Cherry Lowicz in this one; just started a Raspberry one using CheapBrew's recipe :drink:)
Bottled it today. How long do I need to wait now?:hmm:

View attachment 10787
what did you use to carb up? i just tried some out of the fv after fermentation but it doesnt taste very strwaberry or sweet?

Just bottled 41 pints of Evolram’s recipe. The only difference was that I used a yeast with sweetener and I’ve primed with more of the strawberry syrup. It tastes really good at this stage so can’t wait to try it again after it’s conditioned a while in the bottle......if it lasts that long
how much strawberry syrup did you use to prime? TIA

hi ive just tried this out the fv , after fermentation. its not very sweet, or strawberry tasting, will the extra sugar sweeten it up enough? or is it better to prime with more lowicz? tia
regards
I use Young's wine sweetener. Any added sugar will be turned to alcohol during second fermentation, and you won't get any more sweetness.

Back