Fermination chamber-freezer thingy type thing!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks pal,
The inkbird looks what I want lol
Yeah the ridge is the way to go!! I've waiting on that upright freezer as we speak!!
Let u know how it feathers out!
Atb
Bri

I like it!
But how to re wire the thermostat that's what I want to know?
As we speak I think the upright freezer is working..so plan B if the two fv's don't fit...it's going to be a second freezer...and the small Chest freezer will become a single FV chamber!!!
All hoping that upright does the job...specially the space will go into HM HQ...
Thx a lot m8 appreciate it.
Atb
Bri

If you are using one of the temperature control sockets, then there is no need to re-wire the thermostat of the fridge or freezer. Just turn all the way down so that it will never cut out the cooling before the socket does.

I used a 45W tube heater similar to these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hausen-El...t-Tube-/311546452552?var=&hash=item48899d9a48 for heating. Just cut the plug off, and drilled a hole in the back of the fridge for this to go outside to connect to power.

Personally I have not used fans, I know that some people recommend them when you have a bigger chamber, but my fridge does not appear to have suffered from the lack of a fan.

If you are using one of the temperature control sockets, then there is no need to re-wire the thermostat of the fridge or freezer. Just turn all the way down so that it will never cut out the cooling before the socket does.

I used a 45W tube heater similar to these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hausen-El...t-Tube-/311546452552?var=&hash=item48899d9a48 for heating. Just cut the plug off, and drilled a hole in the back of the fridge for this to go outside to connect to power.

Personally I have not used fans, I know that some people recommend them when you have a bigger chamber, but my fridge does not appear to have suffered from the lack of a fan.

Thank you so much for that info!! That what I wanted to know about the thermostat etc...get in...
All coming together...
Now need to get the freezer n play...
Atb
Bri

I use an inkbird - there is a wee probe (black cable in pic inside the fridge) inside usually snuck between the fermenter and some bubblewrap.
I tell the controller if it gets lower than 21.5 c to turn on the heating plug (the tube is plugged into this)
If warmer than 23.5c to turn on the cooling plug (Fridge)
Its usually within half a degree of the set temp so add or subtract from your temp to match this target.
Takes 4 min to figure out the controller and 10 secs to change the desired temp after that.

20160818_161007.jpg

IMG_20160819_WA0015.jpg

In second pic the desired temp is 25c, it's greater than half a degree too cold (24.3c) so the heater has come on.

Tube heater - 60w.

20160814_144603.jpg

Hello m8,
A great design that works great.
At the mo I'm going to get word on this upright freezer...taking for ever!
Hoping it can work!!
I've got plenty of insulation, a few stc 1000 & a inkbird, small greenhouse heater, multiple fans & power pack so I'm taking them to my pal today and we'll go through a design of a single FV set up...only single coz any bigger I'll not get in the car:lol: and if I brewing a lager & beer combo be lager in the freezer setup for the cooling (around 15C) and the beer in the single set up!!
Pics of the build soon-ish lol
Atb
Bri

Rather than settle for a Too-Small-Space if you search gumtree or whatever for "larder fridge" you can find some brilliant ones for very small sums. Also a larger chest freezer is also very good. Depends on what sort of space you have in the house / shed.

Rather than settle for a Too-Small-Space if you search gumtree or whatever for "larder fridge" you can find some brilliant ones for very small sums. Also a larger chest freezer is also very good. Depends on what sort of space you have in the house / shed.

Well at the mo..I've got a upright freezer and a small chest freezer in the outhouse (joined on the house) prob get s upright freezer for my FV system or get a big chest freezer in...
Atb
Bri

from what youve said,i think youll be able to lift it straight up, but may be not in to a fridge if the head room is limited.
maybe you could make a platform/low table type thing the same hieght as your fridge shelf your going to put the fv on.
make it so it sits flush with the shelf, lift the fv on the platform then slide/push it in the the fridge, remove the table and shut the door ..

I've just a inkbird today..
But I'm sorry that the instruction arnt going my tiny brain..(prob I'm tired a bit and the learning disibilty is setting in!
Could anyone tell me to set for an example 21C???
Once I've done it I'll get the hang of it..lol
Btw that inkbird is fiddy with one hand...the leads needs to get eased up a bit lol if you know what I'm saying?
Atb
Bri

There are some videos available which might help eg [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYbNNNj11bI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYbNNNj11bI[/ame]

Last edited:
If theres a will....i'll find it..lol
old chest freezer.
swQn89a.jpg

need to block that space!!!!
rDYoPsJ.jpg

a bit of one handed saw work
7lV2v5M.jpg

the old freezer tray..
nFeVrt6.jpg

jobs a goodun..
Z7zgoSs.jpg

in time ill get one of greenhouse heaters underneath...atm got heater belt...the heater pad was ****...n older than me!
bri

Back