CO2 for Corny Kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byron

Reaction score
I got a corny off eBay a few years back and have never got round to using it. It came with an empty CO2 canister but I can't find anywhere to fill it/swap it.

Any suggestions? I'm in Norwich

Not many places will accept any other c02 bottle other than their own. I get my gas from a place that supplies to the welding industry, I had to put a deposit on the bottle, you could have words with your local pub land lord if you cant find some where that does welders c02

I got a corny off eBay a few years back and have never got round to using it. It came with an empty CO2 canister but I can't find anywhere to fill it/swap it.

Any suggestions? I'm in Norwich
Look for a local outlet of hobbyweld or the airliquid company.ora local Adams gas

gas bottles are usually owned by the supplier not the consumer which keeps it simple for the safety certification.. if you buy your own bottle you are then also responsible to ensure its tested regularly etc..

saying that some folk will fill a 'dodgy' bottle, try fire extinguisher suppliers and private motor garages that use the big bottles of co2 for welding. also if you know any paintball enthusiasts ask them as they know all about sharing co2..

dont try selling the old bottle to a scrap yard either you could end up in hot water over that if it is in fact a suppliers property, you can contact the kegwatch folk as they also scour for lost gas bottles, and if it is a suppliers bottle they will probably arrange its return and if not you can sell for scrap without any worries of being questioned about stolen property.

I got mine from a Hobbyweld supplier albeit they had to order the food grade version I wanted. Just awaiting delivery of it. I got the 6kg tank.

CO2 and 70/30 Mixed Gas. Found a place in Stockport called Savanna Gases. They supply 6.3Ltr CO2 gas as well as 10Ltr 70/30 mised gas.
You pay £15 per refill and pay a £40 refundable deposit on the bottle.They have free local delivery too. You can keep the bottle for as long as you want and simply exchange when you need more gas. No extras or rental charges! He is popular with brewers in the area.
Hope this helps.

Does anyone know of a supplier in the Stratford on Avon or Banbury areas? or even the Midlands area , I don't mind travelling a short distance, I got given a 6.35kg bottle but I guess i'll need the suppliers own

If it's any use, just found a place in Nuneaton, £35 for first bottle, £15 per refill.
N.W.S Gases
Whitacre Road, Nuneaton
CV11 6BY
Easy to find on Google. I haven't used yet as my soda stream hasnt ran out yet.

If it's any use, just found a place in Nuneaton, �£35 for first bottle, �£15 per refill.
N.W.S Gases
Whitacre Road, Nuneaton
CV11 6BY
Easy to find on Google. I haven't used yet as my soda stream hasnt ran out yet.

I'll bear that in mind if nothing closer comes up, many thanks buddy

Does anyone know of a supplier in the Stratford on Avon or Banbury areas? or even the Midlands area , I don't mind travelling a short distance, I got given a 6.35kg bottle but I guess i'll need the suppliers own
http://www.thebeerandgasman.co.uk/
stratford?they may stretch that far and they deliver too at very reasonable prices,give them a ring,think the warwick branch is best for you

Latest posts

Back