Chocolate restrictions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having recently spent a week in hospital (not as an inmate) with my wife, The hypocrisy of this is ridiculous. I ended up eating Burger king every day unless I just wanted to eat sandwiches. Some of the better halfs meals included sticky toffee pudding and fish and chips... and the chips were cold...

What they need to do is allow choice and educate properly on eating a rounded diet. Almost everyone in the country eats 3 times a day but all kids get taught in schools now about food is how to make flapjacks and make food look nice. Kids get taught that salad is good, a burger is bad. A burger isn't unhealthy unless that is all you eat and you can also make a burger that is as healthy for you as a spag bol with a side salad.

on a side food rant, its like this report that pesto is higher in salt than a McDonalds. I actually don't care! let me eat my pesto (although I tend to make homemade anyway) and live my life. I live a healthy life style, I don't smoke, I drink but not to excess too often (homebrewing may make this point invalid soon...) and I understand that I can eat pesto every now and again, not on a daily basis, the same way I don't eat sweets every day, I don't eat lard every day but I also don't just eat salad every day.

rant over... for now :)

That's a shame,I'm munching on this mars bar Malteser cake swmbo has just made

IMG_1160.jpg

Sugar is the enemy. It's in everything in vast quantities. ...the people who control it are very powerful and probably pulling strings in high places to ensure the supply and consumption increases...

What they need to do is allow choice and educate properly on eating a rounded diet. Almost everyone in the country eats 3 times a day but all kids get taught in schools now about food is how to make flapjacks and make food look nice. Kids get taught that salad is good, a burger is bad. A burger isn't unhealthy unless that is all you eat and you can also make a burger that is as healthy for you as a spag bol with a side salad.
There's been enough stuff in print, on the telly, and on tinterweb over the last few years to explain in simple terms to even the most intellectually challenged the basics about healthy eating. The trouble is many, probably the majority, choose to disregard it. Educating kids on healthy eating should start in the home not at school, leading by example, but if parents choose to ignore it what chance have the kids got. And the evidence of parents ignoring all the advice is there in the supermarket queue with trolleys stacked high with crisps, biscuits, cakes, chocolate, ready made meals, and sugary drinks. Not that there's anything wrong in eating any of those things, its just eating them in moderation that seems to be the missing factor.

There's been enough stuff in print, on the telly, and on tinterweb over the last few years to explain in simple terms to even the most intellectually challenged the basics about healthy eating. The trouble is many, probably the majority, choose to disregard it. Educating kids on healthy eating should start in the home not at school, leading by example, but if parents choose to ignore it what chance have the kids got. And the evidence of parents ignoring all the advice is there in the supermarket queue with trolleys stacked high with crisps, biscuits, cakes, chocolate, ready made meals, and sugary drinks. Not that there's anything wrong in eating any of those things, its just eating them in moderation that seems to be the missing factor.

I agree they have used advertising to try but I mean genuine, long term education about food.

Not media adverts which are so often confused by ridiculous stories in the media about how Red wine is good for you, then red wine is bad for you, then you should drink 1 glass per night but never more than 5 units per week.

Not sure how we break the cycle but you look at countries like Japan and france and the kids and adults will eat proper food as part of a balanced lifestyle.

or alcohol hand gel...

Another one of my pet hates. I can recall when I used to go sea fishing, handling fish, having a pee over the side and then eating my sandwiches, did I ever wash my hands??????
Went on a cruise recently, the instuctions were to use the hand gel, use your sleeve to not touch door handles etc and the crew weren't allowed to shake hands with passengers.
It makes you wonder how we have evolved this far!!!!!!

So when your already unwell you are now being forced to diet. What this demonstrates to me is someone has a job to think of these things and I imagine there is a procedure to get it implemented all the time people are getting paid with NHS money when the whole thing is pointless. I bet when its not popular they will hire a new team to investigate, then wonder where all the moneys going.

They are going to get us fat people to fund the NHS by having to buy two packets/bars of chocolate to get out fix.

The "not touching" has caused the problems. Touching and getting grubby in younger life builds up the immune system. We are not designed to live in a sterile environment.

Look in any supermarket and there is thousands of personal hygiene products when they could get by with one... a bar of soap. It's amazing that we have any natural immunity left. I'm building up our nippa's resistance to chillis and he's doing well. Still a way to go before he reaches my tolerance tho'. Made myself a curry on Sat night with a full Reaper and a full Ghost pepper, 6 Bird's Eye and a handful of finger chillis, and I lost my sight completely for 15 minutes amongst other great effects. They'll be banning those next cos they know what's best for us.

Come on Chippy, you can do better than two packets/bars!!!! You might need proof that your over 18 to get more than one though!!

Sounds like too much hassle, I would get someone to buy me one like we used to get people to buy us fags before we were old enough to go in the shop and buy them ourselves :wink:

Latest posts

Back