'Clear it' finings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorty

Reaction score
I used 'CLEAR IT' finings from 'Youngs' in my first WOW, I happened to be buying some other bits and pieces so thought I would give it a go, you need a 2-3ml syringe as you only need 1ml of each of the two parts per gallon. 'ErIndoors works at the local doctor's surgery so nuf said!

I started this brew on 3/9/14, topped up on 7/9/14, the FG was down to 0.990 by 14/9/14, it was starting to clear, so I left it for a week, I read that Chippy reckoned on a week after the end of fermentation to get rid of the nasties, racked it off on 21/9/14 added a crushed CT, stabiliser and shook well to degas added finings, 1ml of 'A' shake well, an hour later add 1ml of 'B' shake well, I topped up with cooled boiled water, 'ErIndoors likes dry wine.

I put it aside to wait the obligatory week for the finings to work, next morning, a mere 9 or 10 hours later it was clear, not quite crystal but a bit of a shock I must say! I thought I would leave it until the end of the month to let the sediment 'firm up' a bit it's very soft and would be easily disturbed if racked now. Attached is a pic taken earlier this morning about 60 hours after adding the finings, excuse the reflections from the window please.

20140924_105931.jpg

Thanks for that review, i have just bought some "clear it" as i cannot get Kwik clear here, i haven't used it yet so am glad to hear it works as fast as kwik clear.

Latest posts

Back