Is there any truth behind this perceived occurrence?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lozronz

Reaction score
Hi!
This is a fairly odd phenomena that I'm not sure isn't just in my head but I was wondering whether anyone else has found the same situation?

I make a fair amount of home brewing and do some home distilling, its probably a fairly crass thing to bring up but I do actually enjoy feeling drunk from drinking... I know that probably makes me a Neanderthal amongst lovers of the craft.... But anyway, this is my observation-

Whenever I drink a commercial beer or spirit my tolerance stays roughly the same, say I drank 8 cans of Stella, I will always be fairly seriously inebriated, if I do the same the next day I will, again be relatively ******... If I spent an afternoon drinking a 75cl bottle of Smirnoff, by midnight I will be very drunk but will be able to communicate and do all important tasks like make a sandwich, if I do It a week later... The same effect!

If I make 6ltr of 60% distilled homebrew hooch or 23ltrs of 6% beer, the first sitting I might drink 6pints and feel very squiffy, night 2- a bit drunk and night 3 virtually sober, with the hooch 10 shots first time- smashed, two days later I can do the same thing and barely feel it.

My question is, is there any reason why one might built a much quicker tolerance to homemade alcohol than to commercial alcohol?

Thanks for your time.
Laurence

Lol, if I ever catch her doing that, I'm watering down her shampoo with Veet Immac and her milk with milk of magnesia!

Latest posts

Back