Brewbitz Blackberry Tweaked.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinotinto

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi
As mentioned elsewhere, have some blackberries on defrost.
Have used the Brewbitz 1 gallon recipe before as I know many of you have also done.
Avoiding the boiling of too much water I have decided to triple the standard recipe - well almost.
For a 3 gallon job
Going to go with 11lbs blackberries
9lb, maybe a tad less of sugar.
18 pints boiling water
3 campdens

Do I also though triple the pectolase, nutrient and particularly the yeast itself. Sure I have gleaned elsewhere that I do not need this much yeast as it will multiply and do its stuff any way.

and on that note, found some Youngs super yeast which has been left out of the fridge for several weeks. Will it be ok? In sealed tub but previously opened.

Cheers beers

No takers on the questions? You must all be enjoying the sunshine.

Have squished the berries and topped with 18 pints of boiling water and dissolved 4k of sugar . This baby is going to take a good time to get down to 20c so maybe a heads up on the yeast and pectolase will come in the meantime. ;)

Was leafing through the posts this morn....

Yip, I heaped tsp of pectolase per gallon

I heaped tsp of Youngs swyc per gallon (Good for 3 months stored in the fridge after opening)

I usually put campdens in at racking stage but I don't use fruit so I reckon that's ok

Good luck bro

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well it is all done. Added the pectolase and Campdens yesterday. Today the nutrient has gone in with a couple of cans of Youngs definitive red that I had lying around. Added the Youngs yeast which has been around for certainly more than 3 months and NOT in the fridge. Will see what happens.

Back