Beaverdale Shiraz

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinotinto

Landlord.
Reaction score
I know I keep harping on about the Beaverdales but have never tried the Shiraz. Popped on a 30 bottle kit today but added in 500g of sugar. All Beaverdales seem to come out on the hydrometer at about 11.5% if done to spec so thought I would boost it a bit. Took starting SG up to 1.086. Not a massive difference but let us see what it gets down to.

Also noticed with this kit that the oak was actually proper recognisable chips rather than dust that has been supplied with the rest.

Shiraz is my fav vino but haven't tried the Beaverdale as been a bit put off by a cheaper wine kit which was pretty awful. Last one i made was winexpert world wines shiraz which was great but a little pricey so keen to here how you get on with the Beaverdale and the added sugar.

Shiraz is my fav vino but haven't tried the Beaverdale as been a bit put off by a cheaper wine kit which was pretty awful. Last one i made was winexpert world wines shiraz which was great but a little pricey so keen to here how you get on with the Beaverdale and the added sugar.

Will keep you informed. Cheaper wine kits? mmmmm. Would put Beaverdale as mid range but tried and tested. I think paying 80 squids plus for a 30 bottle kit defeats the object a tad. Winebuddy? Now that IS cheap and you very much get what you pay for. Infact I have 5 boxes of the stuff sitting here which somebody is welcome to for �£25. Just cannot be **** d to advertise it.

The winexpert world wines is 50 quid at at creative but a tenner saved with Beaverdale would be worthwhile if tastes good. I will have to try I think and see...The cheaper kit was 28 quid i think but pretty yuk

Latest posts

Back