'rite bays?!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitfire184

Reaction score
Edit: Moved to More Appropriate Forum :(

Hey.

Thought I'd introduce myself. I've been reading this forum for a month or so, since moving into this student house and trying my hand at brewing.

A couple of my house mates have brewed before but I'm new to it. Three weeks ago I went down to the local hops shop and bought my first "fermenter" (in my ignorance I thought they were called 'buckets' :P ) and a Magnum pear cider kit.

Haven't looked back! Although the pear cider does taste terrible; I have better hopes for my second, custom-recipe, Pomegranate and Apple cider (even though I put 1.6kg of sugar in it when I probably shouldn't and it's still fermenting after two weeks...).

So, hello. :)

Hi spitfire184 and welcome to the forum :cheers:

You say adding 1.6kg of sugar, but you really need a hydrometer readings.

Happy brewing
Sean

Sean_Mc said:
You say adding 1.6kg of sugar, but you really need a hydrometer readings.

I didn't write down the readings, but my house-mate said it should be something like 10% I am yet to learn how to read the hydrometer.

dennisking said:
students and booze, now that's a rare combination :whistle:
Yeah, you're right, studying very hard is where we get our main kicks... :rofl:

Thanks for the welcome ;)

evanvine said:
Welcome to the Forum
10% sugar is SG 1.036, but I think you have a brew a little higher than that :whistle:

Hey.

I meant to say that my house-mate said the alcohol content should be ~10% from what he read off the hydrometer.

Latest posts

Back