Woodfordes Wherry Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought me a kit of this brew, thanks for the posts. Never tried a Wherry.

Just placed an order for one of these kits. I have been told that it's got a similar taste to old spekled hen. Reading the reviews I can't wait to try this beer. i have a few to be brewing so I can sort of keep this one maturing for atleast 3-6 weeks.

Hey all! Im a newbie to Home brewing and currently have my first Wherry fermenting now (7 days in). It had a very aggressive fermentation for the first few days and was going mad to the point of pushing the water out of the bubbler!!! Anyway, it has calmed down and is bubbling every couple of minutes or so at present. Anyway, the SG was 1.040 and I just checked it again (7 days in) and it is at 1.014, does this sound OK for 7 days in?
Oh I have just Dry Hopped mine with some Kent Goldings as I prefer a hoppy aroma!

Thanks in advance all

I have purchased two of the Wherry kits and found them really straight forward and simple to master. I am new to home brewing and my first attempt to make Stout was a complete mess. I did a little research and found goods things said about the Wherry kits and I have to say I have not been disappointed.

Easy to make and a great pint - would be pleased to drink in the pub and pay £3+

Just started on a barrel of Wherry thats 4 weeks old and its lovely @ only 57p a pint its no wonder pubs are closing daily

why pay £3+ for the same thing pub prices dont make sense when the same thing is 6 times the price

Have just bottled my Woodforde's Wherry, and as my son said re his obligatory taster...Ooh it's a wherry nice drink, should be a gudun

Must wait must wait

Wilfy said:
Wilkinsons currently have the Wherry kits for £15.

Just ordered 4 of these @£15 + £3.50 delivery

That my winter supply sorted

what a bargain at less than 4Op a pint :drunk: :drink:

Just started my 2nd Wherry, decided to tweak it slightly this time, the idea coming from another site. :oops: :whistle:

I followed the normal instructions, stiring in an added 250 gms of dried spray malt with the cans of malt extract and boiled water, made up slightly short to 21 litres before pitching the yeast. OG 1048.

I have some cascade hops left over from a recent dry hopped BB IPA, so the plan is to dry hop this Wherry with 30 gms of the Cascade in about 7 days time after the initial fermentation has calmed down. :hmm:

I'll report back in 6-8 weeks with the initial results. :cheers:

Been looking at the Wherry kit since before i started my first, always been tempted but now it's £13 in Wilkinsons I think it’s a must.

Just need to empty the Carveza out of my FV and empty what’s left in my pressure barrel
:cheers:

Reading the reviews has given me the itch to get this one going. :D :thumb:

Just had a taster of mine. Still young at 2 weeks in the bottle, but you know how it is.
Lovely clear deep amber beer, plenty of fizz head not lasting too long. Has a very slight perfumed aroma not unpleasant at all. Taste is full flavoured similar to a Hobgoblin in some respects but not as thick heavy tasting. Pleasant drink all in all even tho very young, gravities suggest its 4.0% abv.
:thumb: for this kit so far.

I have just put a Wherry on and plan to corny keg it my question is whats the best co2 pressure to have and best conditioning temp? as im planning on keeping this for xmas

Got my second one on the go now, first one has been in a barrel for ooh, 3 weeks now. Had a couple of snifters a couple of weeks apart and it is maturing really nicely. Quite a nice brew!

Maybe shouldn't post this in this section but thought I would say I was in my local Wilkinsons today and saw they are selling the Wherry kit for £15. Quite a good price, I think I paid about £19 for mine...

Well I bottled mine today 43 bottles of clear loveliness. Can't wait to try one. After two weeks I siphoned it into a clean fv , something I have only done once before but it did kick it off fermenting again and stopped at 1012. Also made a very clear liquid and I managed to get all of it into bottles. :cheers:

Got some Wherry on the go.

Has been fermenting for 4 days now. 1016 gravity - relieved that it hasn't stuck at 1020 as many seem to report.

Looking forward to sampling some!

You wont be disapointed, it is one of the best beer i have every tasted. Made 4 Can mix brews of it in the past and on a mission to discover a All Grain Clone which i will be brewing this weekend. :cheers:

I'm halfway down the keg with my first wherry kit, beautiful clear brew, not overpowering and satisfyingly tasty, a right one for quaffing. My second batch will be ready in approximately four weeks maybe a little sooner as it's in a top tap keg.

Latest posts

Back