s-30 valve how do you fit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuggitmv

Regular.
Reaction score
so after a lot of thinking im going to put s-30 valves on my cornie so went to my HBS ang go one for £12 but didn't think about the 18mm hole that i have to drill in the lid has anyone dun this or know how to do this as that stainless steel lid is going to be a sod to drill through :wha:

The S30 on my cornie replaced the gas filling post as mine's got a plastic lid. That said, there's a very small amount of flat stainless to seal onto and i had to cut away the black rubber. I also had to make a fitting tool out of a cheap (soft) 24mm socket with a piece of flat bar screwed onto its face. A box spanner may also work.

I also found the need to put some self-amalgamating tape over the rubber pressure relief outer rubber ring to get enough pressure to push the beer out of a tap.

i made it to the other side of the lid with a 18mm drill bit for stainless steal but cost me £12 and is knackered now.I know i should have started small and gone up but was in a rush and just worked my way slowly bit by bit its not the best one ever but it holds co2 fine and no leeks

Back