Wilkinsons Fruits of the Forest Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bottled mine today after it had almost stopped fermenting at 1004.

It never tasted very nice so here's hoping it improves in the bottle. :hmm:

Mine still smells lush. But also it been 16 days and still bubbling away. Maybe its a tad cold in the kitchen tho.? Going to test the sg in the morning

Well been 3 weeks now and now wont pass 1.010 so I will bottle at that. You think it will have any bad affect when priming in bottles? ( this is my first kit so im a little unsure)

started mine today 1kg cane sugar 500g brewing sugar made short to 21L og was 1.56 ( checked twice ) yeast pitched at 22c going to brew at 20c hope this one will come out at about 6%

I've just put this in the fv and waiting to cool before taking OG and pitching yeast.

Just added 0.6kg dextrose and 300g white sugar and made up to 18.5 litres. My theory is that this should hopefully make it more flavourful and keep the abv around 5%.

Thought I got a bargain at £11.25 but see some of you got it for £7 :-(

Thinking of priming bottles with Hi Juice cordials rather than sugar given comments above about lack of flavour, will try some apple and some vimto flavour.

Got the smallest krausen I'd ever seen on a homebrew after a day in FV (about 1cm) and a day later all the yeast is at the bottom. FV lid is really convex so somethings working.

8 days in FV at 24c and still at 1016... notes claim 4-6 days to get to 1008 at 18-21c! Kidding. Hope it works out coz this is my wife's peace offering!

Take no notice of times in instructions my winebuddy kit was supposed to be a seven day kit and it's still fermenting on day ten.

Back