What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just home from a long weekend away celebrating daughters 21st - supping a cheeky Boondoggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just having an AG oatmeal stout made about three months ago. Bit strong but great.

I'd always assumed that Scandinavian countries brewed nothing but lagers. How wrong I was. The local 'remainder' shop, Noz, has for some time had on sale various bottled beers brewed by the Radanas brewery in Molnlycke, Sweden. Despite the fact that they were priced at only 0.79€ per 33cl bottle, I passed them, by assuming that they would be unlikely to appeal to a palate developed on British beers. Yesterday I noticed the last two bottles in the half price bin (0.40€ each). So I bought them. One was Amerikansk Bitter. The other was California Common. They were a revelation. The Amerikansk Bitter was a 4.5% abv, well hopped and full bodied amber ale. The Californian Common was a 5.3% abv naturally conditioned - I think - pale ale with a dry finish reminiscent of a good stout. If I see them on sale again, I won't hesitate to buy all that's available. I wish that I could tell you more about them but the bottle labels are in Swedish, as is the brewery's website (https://radanas.se/ ), a language which, sadly, I cannot read.

P1230987.jpg

Going to a Goose Island meet the founder meal tonight at their new pub in Balham.

Boubon County Brand Coffee Stout served with dessert is what I'm most looking forward to :thumb:

My own first porter, 15% choc and black malt, 20% brown malt, 65% pale malt, 40 IBU, 5,2% ABV. My wife likes it better than Fuller's London Porter.

How did you find that? Mine was too sweet and overcarbed but i knew there could have been a half decent beer there,maybe i didnt let it ferment out properly

Fermentation stopped at 1020 initially and I struggled to get it going again. in the end I added some Safeale S04 yeast after about 16 days and gave it another week or so in the FV. It did change the beer and I dont think it is as nice as I thought it was going to be when I tried the sample used for the reading, but it did ferment further. I forgot to record the FG though and cant remember what it was now. Still an ok beer though and with the dry hopping I added it has a good hop flavour, but not too strong. I suspect yours may have got stuck leaving too many sugars in it. As you said it over carbed I wonder if fermentation had just slowed right down in both our brews and it carried on in the bottle for you.

Fermentation stopped at 1020 initially and I struggled to get it going again. in the end I added some Safeale S04 yeast after about 16 days and gave it another week or so in the FV. It did change the beer and I dont think it is as nice as I thought it was going to be when I tried the sample used for the reading, but it did ferment further. I forgot to record the FG though and cant remember what it was now. Still an ok beer though and with the dry hopping I added it has a good hop flavour, but not too strong. I suspect yours may have got stuck leaving too many sugars in it. As you said it over carbed I wonder if fermentation had just slowed right down in both our brews and it carried on in the bottle for you.

I think you are right, im planning my fourth biab now so won't be doing it again as long as things keep going well 👍

I'd always assumed that Scandinavian countries brewed nothing but lagers. How wrong I was. The local 'remainder' shop, Noz, has for some time had on sale various bottled beers brewed by the Radanas brewery in Molnlycke, Sweden. Despite the fact that they were priced at only 0.79€ per 33cl bottle, I passed them, by assuming that they would be unlikely to appeal to a palate developed on British beers. Yesterday I noticed the last two bottles in the half price bin (0.40€ each). So I bought them. One was Amerikansk Bitter. The other was California Common. They were a revelation. The Amerikansk Bitter was a 4.5% abv, well hopped and full bodied amber ale. The Californian Common was a 5.3% abv naturally conditioned - I think - pale ale with a dry finish reminiscent of a good stout. If I see them on sale again, I won't hesitate to buy all that's available. I wish that I could tell you more about them but the bottle labels are in Swedish, as is the brewery's website (https://radanas.se/ ), a language which, sadly, I cannot read.

Rådanäs Brewery in new distribution partnership with Spendrups!*We can proudly announce that Rådanäs IPA and Rådanäs California Commonwealth is now included in Spendrups restaurant range.*These products will be offered to their corporate customers throughout Sweden.*The fact that one of Sweden's largest brewery buy beer by us to sell to their customers in a restaurant is a great recognition.*This means that many more beer lovers in Sweden will be able to drink our hantverksöl.*Bowl!*?
2329a580e369490250b4152801138c40.jpg

Open your link in Google and there you can translate the page...

Sent from my ALE-L21

It's been a horrendously cold and damp day today and I've spent most of the day modifying the brewing side of the garage so I really needed a beer when I got by the fire!

Beer of choice was a couple of pints of Fulstow Marsh Mild that I brought into the house yesterday and left in the kitchen to warm up just enough to actually taste them.

It's maturing into a lovely drink that's perfect for a night by the fire! :thumb:

...should take your advice..first was the dregs off the bottling bucket then a pumpkin ale from the keg in the shed...too cold! Then some more bottles...and maybe another! Have to watch that fermenter!
Cheers

Clint

Tonight is a kit beer I made last April for summer barbecues. The BBQ's never happened and I got into AG and bought a Grainfather. So only one more kit to make - will post up the plans only on fruition, parti -gyle style.

The last of these kit beers have been supped up of late and they are quite good. So, dog ends of:

Half a Wherry with Cascade
Coopers Draught with Belgian yeast (probably drank all this ages ago)
Wilko Cerveza with Nugget

Whichever of these is tonight has some recently brewed dark ale - stout - all chucked in together for good measure and is a very nice drink indeed.

The fact is that kits make very decent beer, but it is months and not days before it becomes so.

Myself...admirals Reserve, my ss stout, Youngs AIPA. .probably and picked up a new one in asda...shipyard rye..
Making a vindaloo....decided it wasn't quite hot enough so just bunged in a few of my habenaro. ..it is now!

Cheers

Clint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back