What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 2 week taster of AG4
A 6 month old Young's Scottish heavy while bottling then the "leftover" bottles of my plain wheat beer and the cherry wheat beer (raspberry one looked too suspect).

May have a month old bottle of ag4 (at 7%) to snore myself to sleep....

20160506_201214.jpg

20160506_214842.jpg

20160506_224858.jpg

20160506_231526.jpg

I. Bloody. Love. Gin and tonic. I could drink it til it came out of my ears.

I'm waiting on my bottle swap bottle to cool a bit then I'll sup that.

I've just had some Japanese wheat beer with orange, coriander and nutmeg in it and a picture of an owl on it. Can't remember what it was called and I've pulled the label off the bottle now. Soz.

I'm now having a Knob Creek.... Calm down, it's a bourbon.

Haters gonna hate. FTP

better a knob creek than a knob crack :shock:

Hitachno Nest White Ale?

slideshow-image_thanksgiving-beer_hitachino-nest-white-ale_web_2000x2500.jpg

Thats the whooer!

It was pretty nice and you could really notice the nutmeg in it versus others that also have orange and coriander in them. I'm trying to build up a stock of those little stumpy bottles that Founders beers, this and Sierra Nevada come in.

i am on a cascade single hop which is the recipe from the G H book for amarillo single hop but a lack of planning led to a change of hop but i must say it is quite nice and drinkable

To be fair, for a big brewery, I quite like those Crafty Dan beers. The Triple C is bloody lovely.

Thats the whooer!

It was pretty nice and you could really notice the nutmeg in it versus others that also have orange and coriander in them. I'm trying to build up a stock of those little stumpy bottles that Founders beers, this and Sierra Nevada come in.

It's a nice beer for sure. I hope Waitrose get some of their others in - the Espresso Stout and XH are very nice but difficult to find over here.

To be fair, for a big brewery, I quite like those Crafty Dan beers. The Triple C is bloody lovely.

not heard of that one, the 17 guns was ok tho.

as for tonight nothing I try to keep 3 days a week booze free, but will crack something open for eurovision semi-final 2 tomorrow night.

oops did I just say that aloud?

Partial mash brew, bottled 20 March. Very good.

Have made this twice as a Partial mash - half AG half kit brew. Basically you add a bittering hop at the start of whatever boil you are doing, then chuck in 100g of Marynka at whatever times take your fancy. perhaps 20 / 20 / 60 @ 15mins / 5mins / flameout, as per the Greg Hughes Single hop Ales

The first pint of simply bitter out of the keg. As you guys had warned me I got 3/4 a pint of froth to sup first. It's a bit early I know because it has only just gone to cold condition, and still a bit hazy, but good head retention on this one. Good bittering from the extra hops I used but disappointed on the nose as was expecting more of a hop aroma from it. I think I may have lost that when I added the flame out hops with the wort too hot.

Another reason for drinking some today is that during lunch the pressure relief valve blew - and stuck open! Good job I was near to nudge it closed. Will have to address that when it's empty but at least she holds pressure. This must be an old type that is brass with a green and red marking on the stem.

I've cracked and opened a bottle of my redneck "amber"... It's actually a red now.! It's early days, I only bottled it last Wednesday, but I'm really pleased with it. It's got a bigger hop hit than I was expecting, but not too much for my palate. Head retention could be better. It formed a nice tight head, but it dissipated fairly quickly. Aroma and first taste was the cascade, so I'd slide the cascade to amarillo quantities next time. Overall I'm over the moon with it, I'm really getting quality beers now that I'd be proud to give to someone else to try. For a week old beer, it's a belter. Should only get better too.

I've cracked and opened a bottle of my redneck "amber"... It's actually a red now.! It's early days, I only bottled it last Wednesday, but I'm really pleased with it. It's got a bigger hop hit than I was expecting, but not too much for my palate. Head retention could be better. It formed a nice tight head, but it dissipated fairly quickly. Aroma and first taste was the cascade, so I'd slide the cascade to amarillo quantities next time. Overall I'm over the moon with it, I'm really getting quality beers now that I'd be proud to give to someone else to try. For a week old beer, it's a belter. Should only get better too.

Hop hit will fade slightly and head retention will only improve,I'm now jealous and thirsty :thumb:

I'm going to try a bottle of the Mangrove Jack Columbus APA to see if it's properly carbed. Never done one of their kits before so I'll be interested to see how it's turned out. Also going to try a Brewferm Tarwebier that I bottled a week earlier. They'll probably both be VERY green indeed but time will tell...

Cracked open my final mini keg of Greg Hughes Dortmunder Export pseudo lager that I've been lagering for a month ( I didn't lager the rest of the batch). I don't think your be able to tell the difference between this and a 'true' lager. There's a bit of a mistake in it (I think I got the gypsum additon wrong) but overall I'm really impressed. Cant wait to do the reg Hughes Vienna pseudo lager I planning now

Im off down the pub to have a Harveys (always excellent), after a pretty traumatic week at work, and avoid the wherry, tho see what else they have on tap. Just hope the place isn't full of kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back